[stereograms] not your typical Sydney tourist photos

Old June 10th 08, 01:48 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_14_]

Default [stereograms] not your typical Sydney tourist photos

Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

This was probably my fav. Just some beergarden:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...239_stereo.jpg

This one I liked too. Anchor from Sirius - one of the First
Fleet ships:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...179-stereo.jpg

Some others he
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...ey_stereograms

Hope you can see them. For me they're easy.

--
Troy Piggins
I always appreciate critique.
Old June 10th 08, 02:21 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeff R.

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

Yup.
They're fine. Resolve well.

(I'm sure we've had this conversation before, but...)

Did you use one camera, and two shots with a slightly moved position?
(I ask only because I have a rig with two identical P&Ss mounted on a
bracket - works great!)

Tripod or hand-held?
Approx what separation? More than 100mm?

Fun, idn' it!

--
Jeff R.

Old June 10th 08, 02:47 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Noons

Troy Piggins wrote,on my timestamp of 10/06/2008 10:48 PM:
Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

This was probably my fav. Just some beergarden:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...239_stereo.jpg

This one I liked too. Anchor from Sirius - one of the First
Fleet ships:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...179-stereo.jpg

Some others he
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...ey_stereograms

Hope you can see them. For me they're easy.

ouch! now I've got a headache!
yeah, good stuff, Troy.
Looks like the lousy weather
didn't stop you from having a
go at some shots.
Well done.
Old June 10th 08, 07:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bob

They are the are the wong way around ..
I have taken numerous 3D pics with a decicated 3d camera
take a look at the edge of the pillar the left hand should have the
background further to the right
the edge of the pillar the right eye lines the edge with point a
left eye lines the edge with point b

______________________a______b__________________

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(edge of pillar)

--------------------------------L(eye)--------R(eye)----------

Old June 10th 08, 09:18 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_14_]

* Jeff R. wrote :

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

Yup.
They're fine. Resolve well.

(I'm sure we've had this conversation before, but...)

Did you use one camera, and two shots with a slightly moved position?
(I ask only because I have a rig with two identical P&Ss mounted on a
bracket - works great!)

Tripod or hand-held?
Approx what separation? More than 100mm?

Fun, idn' it!

All just hand-held. Just took one shot, then moved to the right
by a 100mm or so. They're usually just spur of the moment
things, not planned or anything. Just see something that I think
may look cool in 3D

Old June 10th 08, 09:21 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_14_]

* Noons wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote,on my timestamp of 10/06/2008 10:48 PM:
Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

This was probably my fav. Just some beergarden:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...239_stereo.jpg

This one I liked too. Anchor from Sirius - one of the First
Fleet ships:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...179-stereo.jpg

Some others he
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...ey_stereograms

Hope you can see them. For me they're easy.

ouch! now I've got a headache!
yeah, good stuff, Troy.
Looks like the lousy weather
didn't stop you from having a
go at some shots.
Well done.

Thanks mate. The weather was pretty crap. Didn't even bother
with the usual Harbour Bridge or Opera House shots. Took the
tripod down and didn't even use it. Next time.

Old June 10th 08, 09:27 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_14_]

Default not your typical Sydney tourist photos

* Annika1980 wrote :
On Jun 10, 8:48Â*am, Troy Piggins wrote:

Hope you can see them. Â*For me they're easy.

Easy for me, too. They were all excellent.

Thanks mate

Old June 10th 08, 09:31 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_14_]

* Bob wrote :
* Troy Piggins wrote :

[...]

Hi Bob. They're not the wrong way around for cross-eye
stereograms. The image you are supposed to see with your right
eye should be on the left, and left eye on the right. Are you
viewing cross-eyed or something else?

Old June 10th 08, 11:36 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Bob wrote:
hi I am not viewing them cross eyed

Uh Bob, pls don't top post, and esp. don't put "--" after a top post as
that kills the rest of the message. Context, all that, pip pip.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.