Spadaro Finally Says Something Un-Nonsensical

Old June 17th 04, 01:19 AM
Ted Azito

Default Spadaro Finally Says Something Un-Nonsensical

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message .com...
Except that the Leica SLR is not much to begin with and therefore is far
from the best anyone can reasonably afford. I think Contax is way overpriced
for what you get but would recommend that brand over Leica SLRs in a
heartbeat. Leica has never understood the SLR and probably never will,

This is true. Leica does not understand SLRs and brings little to the
table. If they are convinced their optics are 'The ****' they should
offer them in Nikon mount. Of course, Nikkors haven't been offered for
rangefinder Leicas since the M mount came out. All patents have run
out so there's no more excuse, other than perceived lack of volume,
which might be valid-but the rangefinder market is growing, albeit
more slowly than it would if people quit listening to the
Polycarbonate Mafia. As more people are learning that rangefinders and
TLRs are better for some applications than SLRs-that the SLR is a
compromise like everything else and not always the best-the market for
quality grows. Of course, digital is killing the film snapshooter
market-I'll be glad the day the last retail minilab dies-but for those
still shooting film, exclusively or partially, the quality market will
rule. It's like turntables-they no longer sell 'em at K-Mart or
Wal-Mart, but you can still buy two basic turntable types-ruggedized
direct drive models for rap DJs and High End units for serious vinyl
playback to the best standards possible.
Old June 17th 04, 11:31 PM
Ted Azito

TP wrote in message . ..
(Ted Azito) wrote:

Leica does not understand SLRs and brings little to the table.

So what's new?

Other than an ill-informed hatred of Leica,
you bring very little to this newsgroup.

Are you talking about me or Spadaro, grunion?