Sometimes stupid loses

Old April 8th 11, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chuck[_5_]

Default Sometimes stupid loses

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:56:53 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message

The US is the world leader in very expensive (and very profitable)
treatment you can't get anywhere else. Rich people from all over the
world go there for that. Where it isn't so good is in the mundane
usual kinds of health care for the majority.

This has been your experience in the U.S.? Or you got this from watching a
Michael Moore movie?

I've had every kind of health care I've ever needed, from "the mundane usual
kinds" up to cataract surgery (now so common I guess that almost counts as
"mundane") and radiation treatment for prostate cancer. All of it has been
of excellent quality and provided promptly when needed -- as opposed to the
horrendous waiting periods I've read about in Canada and the UK. And I'm not
"rich people." The experience of my friends and relatives has been equally
good. We are very happy with it just as it is and we do not want it changed.

My wife works for a major U.S. university and has coverage from a
large U.S. healthcare insurer. She has liver cancer and her insurance
company won't pay for a PET scan to detect if the cancer has come back
even though that appears to be the standard procedure. Chuck
Old April 8th 11, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bill Graham

wrote:

[...]

My friend of 55 years and his wife worked for State Farm Insurance for forty
years. (Both if them) Yesterday she told me that State Farm was dropping
their medical insurance. Now, I am worried that Stanford U might drip mine.
Has Obama's plan caused this? I wonder.