GOODBYE CANON!

Old April 5th 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rol_Lei Nut

Default GOODBYE CANON!

On 4/5/2011 22:34, Troy Piggins wrote:
* Rol_Lei Nut wrote :
On 4/5/2011 14:56, whisky-dave wrote:
[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 62 lines snipped |=---]
listen.

04-01-2011...

01-04-2011

Was catering to the anglophones...

I'm an anglophone and day/month/year has always seemed the most
logical way of expressing dates. I have never been able to
understand why you'd put month first.

Talking about distances, you don't say you drove 50 metres, 26
kilometres and 44 millimetres.

Talking about time even, you don't say the time is 53:11:24.

Keep up, 'merica

Differences in US & UK English usage.
In my everyday life I *would* have typed 01-04-2011, but to make it
easier for someone who I assumed was on the other side of the pond to
understand, I put the month first (especially since he didn't seem to
pick up hints very quickly).
:-)

Old April 6th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 06:34:20 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

I'm an anglophone and day/month/year has always seemed the most
logical way of expressing dates. I have never been able to
understand why you'd put month first.

Because thats the way you say it...

April first, nineteen eleven

040111

But to keep it in order in your computer you need it the other way, 110401.

Old April 6th 11, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

whisky-dave wrote:
Rol_Lei Nut wrote:

04-01-2011....

01-04-2011

2011-04-01

:-)
Old April 6th 11, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

SNIP

OK.

I now understand that I am wearing the NOOB Jersey for 2011........

Thanks to an email I just read yesterday.........

That's OK, I've worn the NOOB colors before. I am man enough to stand
up tall and straight and accept that I fell for it.

LOL Thanks guys. So does this mean I have to buy the next round too?