calumet flash meter batteries

Old April 15th 05, 01:31 AM
Thom

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:07:50 -0400, "George"
wrote:

"Thom" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:45:53 -0700, Randall Ainsworth
wrote:

In article , Thom
wrote:

Hi
I've still got my ole Calumenbt flash meter from the 70's and it still
works fine but the batteries are getting quite pricey these days
(2x6volt) . My problem is I don't use it all that much and they die
from age more than anything else. Does anyone know of theres a safe
way to get 12 volts into the thing cheaper?

Jeez...I thought I was the only one that still owned one of those
things. I haven't used mine in ages so I don't know what batteries
cost...but as I recall they lasted quite a while.

I'm in Australia and they are A23 a set. They are $15 in the states
but shipping drags that to above the local rate.

Cheers
THOM

A23 batteries are still quite common here (U.S.). I don't have the
flashmeter
you have but I just ***HAPPEN*** to see a package of two Energizer A23
batteries sitting next to me...my wireless doorbell (Zenith) uses them. If
I recall,
they are only about $6 (or less) at some local chain store. Have you
checked
at www.energizer.com to find if someone sells them locally for you? The
stock
number on my package is #A23BP-2 and it says that they are made in China.

Good luck,
George

Thanks.

You gave me an idea. I've been pricing things at a camera store and
iof they are used in other things like the door bell I might be able
to get them cheaper.

Things are for the most part cheaper here in Australia but photo items
are not in that area. Film is cheaper but slide processing is more
and cameras are way out of sight. Digital seems to be cheaper though.

I'll check a hardware chain for the batteries to avoid the photo store
discount of 30% ON.

THOM

Old April 15th 05, 01:32 AM
Thom

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:31:32 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
news

"Thom" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:45:53 -0700, Randall Ainsworth
wrote:

In article , Thom
wrote:

[...]

Didn't he mean A23 as in "Australian currency $23"?

yes. Aus$23. It was very dumb of OZ to go from the pound to the
dollar, it confuses people on both sides of the lake.

THOM

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old April 15th 05, 01:32 AM
Thom

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:31:32 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
news

"Thom" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:45:53 -0700, Randall Ainsworth