FS: Tourist Multiple and Projector

Old July 9th 03, 05:48 AM
LuvAntique

Default FS: Tourist Multiple and Projector

Not sure why this post didn't take earlier, but let's try it again. With great
reluctance due to some necessary travel plans, I am offering my recently
acquired Tourist Multiple camera and Projector for sale. According to most
sources, this is the first commercially produced 35mm still camera, so is one
of the most historically important cameras of the 20th Century. While the
camera is pictured in virtually every book of collectible cameras, I know of
only one published photograph of the extremely rare projector, in Matt
Isenberg's book, "Photographica". This camera is missing its lens, but is
otherwise functional and in nice cosmetic condition. It still displays well.
The projector is in superb condition, including case, tranformer and the last
set of carbon rods used in it. Other than normal minor wear, the only
significant cosmetic flaw is some missing varnish on the base board. McKeown's
lists the camera for $3000-4000. I will take $1000 for the camera as is, $4000
for the much rarer projector, or $4500 for the set. Pictures can be viewed at

http://www.historiccamera.com/collections/index.php

or write for more information. This is limited time. If the money I need
cannot be raised in time for my travel plans at the end of the month, both of
these items will be withdrawn from sale and remain in my collection.

Michael Cleveland

Michael Cleveland
Past Reflections
A Collection of Historical Photographica