Standalone camera which upload pictures on button press ? Not too expensive...

Old February 27th 05, 10:12 PM
Martin Maurer

Default Standalone camera which upload pictures on button press ? Not too expensive...

Hello,

i am searching for a stand alone camera (webcam) which can upload a picture
on a button press.
It should be not too expensive and each picture must have a different
filename, so i get a picture series of each button press.
If important, camera points to east, so no direct sun into camera.

Can someone suggest such a camera ?

Regards,

Martin

Old February 27th 05, 11:27 PM
Michael Meissner

"Martin Maurer" writes:

Hello,

i am searching for a stand alone camera (webcam) which can upload a picture
on a button press.
It should be not too expensive and each picture must have a different
filename, so i get a picture series of each button press.
If important, camera points to east, so no direct sun into camera.

Can someone suggest such a camera ?

I suspect this is out of your price range, and may not fit your needs, but....

Many of the medium and higher end cameras can be controlled from the computer
to take a picture and upload the images to the camera, so presumably you could
have a button on the computer to automate the uploading. For example, under
Linux, I would use the following commands to my C-2100UZ to take pictures,
upload them, and delete the images on the camera, and put the files in /photos:

$ gphoto2 --capture-image
$ gphoto2 --get-all-files --filename=/photos/%f.%C
$ gphoto2 --delete-all-files

I have the C-2100UZ configured so it always gives unique names, and I use this
setup to photograph birds at our feeder (if they see me pointing a camera at
the feeder, they tend not to land there).

If your budget is even higher, the pro oriented DSLRs have an optional
accessory that fits on the camera and uploads files via wireless networks to a
server. The Nikon D2H was the first camera with this feature.

--
Michael Meissner
email:
Old February 28th 05, 02:15 AM
Philip Rawson

"Martin Maurer" wrote in message
Hello,

i am searching for a stand alone camera (webcam) which can upload a

picture
on a button press.
It should be not too expensive and each picture must have a different
filename, so i get a picture series of each button press.
If important, camera points to east, so no direct sun into camera.

Can someone suggest such a camera ?

Canon A85 will do exactly what you want using the bundled Canon software. I
would imagine the same goes for the A75 and A95 as well...

--
Philip Rawson

www.flymodels.co.uk
www.aeromodeller.org