Sources for Copal f stop scales?

Old October 26th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Craig Schroeder

Default Sources for Copal f stop scales?

I'd like to mount a Fujinon 90 to a Copal #0 that only has an f stop
blank scale. What are some solutions and sources for getting a proper
scale or making one with the correct spacing?

Craig Schroeder
craig nospam craigschroeder com
Old October 27th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

Craig Schroeder wrote:
I'd like to mount a Fujinon 90 to a Copal #0 that only has an f stop
blank scale. What are some solutions and sources for getting a proper
scale or making one with the correct spacing?

Craig Schroeder
craig nospam craigschroeder com

You might try Steve Grimes' outfit:

http://www.skgrimes.com/

^^-^^ 21:35:01 up 23:39, 3 users, load average: 4.62, 4.64, 4.53
Old November 14th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Erie Patsellis

Fairly simple, close aperture until you just see the edges of the iris
blades through the front element. Make a mark, this is your wide open
aperture. Then simply calculate the aperture diameter (using f.l./dia =
aperture, or re written as f.l. / f.no = diameter) for the remaining
apertures, write them down, move the aperture control until the aperture is
at the measured aperture (measured through the front element, held at arms
length), make a mark, continue until done. I can usually do one in about 5
mins, another 5 to design and print a label on label stock on the laser
printer, laminate (with packing tape).

If you have more questions, feel free to email me.

erie

Old November 14th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
otzi

Ok Erie, Have done / tried that also.

Question, does one place the ruler in front of or behind the lens as one
views the iris through the front at arms length. The ruler markings are
clearer when behind the lens also there seems less parallax error when
behind. It seems very hard to determine accuracy with the ruler in front.
What do you suggest to do? Even one eye or two, dumb Q. but it seems to
matter. What accuracy should one be seeking to achieve?

otzi