Letting off steam

Old April 15th 18, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Letting off steam

For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

They give me a number to call, which does not compare with any
legitimate Apple number. I have reported this phony number to Apple.

Letting off steam.
--
PeterN
Old April 15th 18, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

was it emily (or whatever her name is this week) from the hotel resort?

They give me a number to call, which does not compare with any
legitimate Apple number. I have reported this phony number to Apple.

there's nothing apple or anyone else can realistically do. the calls
are almost certainly coming from outside the usa, and it's only going
to get worse.
Old April 15th 18, 06:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-15 01:53:09 +0000, nospam said:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

was it emily (or whatever her name is this week) from the hotel resort?

They give me a number to call, which does not compare with any
legitimate Apple number. I have reported this phony number to Apple.

there's nothing apple or anyone else can realistically do. the calls
are almost certainly coming from outside the usa, and it's only going
to get worse.

Well, spam of all sorts are getting weirder and weirder. I get messages
like this: "Big girl banged in big cock video" xxx "gives her boyfriend
a handjob in class Check this video out" Link!

And I clicked one of those once using an Anonymizer and got a blank
page! I can only assume that I'm probed to find out my potential
weaknesses and that the attack on me kingdom could be, or not be
imminent!
--
teleportation kills

Old April 15th 18, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

was it emily (or whatever her name is this week) from the hotel resort?

They give me a number to call, which does not compare with any
legitimate Apple number. I have reported this phony number to Apple.

there's nothing apple or anyone else can realistically do. the calls
are almost certainly coming from outside the usa, and it's only going
to get worse.

Well, spam of all sorts are getting weirder and weirder. I get messages
like this: "Big girl banged in big cock video" xxx "gives her boyfriend
a handjob in class Check this video out" Link!

not on the phone, you haven't.
Old April 15th 18, 11:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-15 10:24:51 +0000, nospam said:

In article , android
wrote:

For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

was it emily (or whatever her name is this week) from the hotel resort?

They give me a number to call, which does not compare with any
legitimate Apple number. I have reported this phony number to Apple.

there's nothing apple or anyone else can realistically do. the calls
are almost certainly coming from outside the usa, and it's only going
to get worse.

Well, spam of all sorts are getting weirder and weirder. I get messages
like this: "Big girl banged in big cock video" xxx "gives her boyfriend
a handjob in class Check this video out" Link!

not on the phone, you haven't.

Done what?
--
teleportation kills

Old April 16th 18, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
(PeteCresswell)

Per PeterN:
For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

My cell phone gets fairly-frequent robocalls from numbers on the same
exchange.

With me it's to the point where, if you are not in my phonebook, I do not
answer.

On the land line, since starting NoMoRobo, robo and solicitor calls have
dropped from 6-10 per day to *maybe* one per month.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old April 16th 18, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 15, 2018, PeteCresswell) wrote
(in ):

Per PeterN:
For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

My cell phone gets fairly-frequent robocalls from numbers on the same
exchange.

The latest thing they do is to spoof both area code and local exchane to make
it look like a call made from your local area. So your number might be
(820)239-1234, and the spoofed number will be (820)239-4321. There are IRS
scams, Police Association scams, Junior Police scams, travel scams, Disabled
Vets scams, international call charges scams, and more. Some are are
nationally local, many redirect to somewhere on the Indian sub-continent, or
Eastern Europe regardless of apparant origin. I just don’t know how I am
going to solve IRS problems by dealing with somebody in Bulgaria, or Mumbai.

With me it's to the point where, if you are not in my phonebook, I do not
answer.

Yup! If it is in anyway important, and the number is not in my contacts they
can leave a voicemail, or text.

On the land line, since starting NoMoRobo, robo and solicitor calls have
dropped from 6-10 per day to *maybe* one per month.

I also use Mr.Number on my iPhone.
http://mrnumber.com
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1047334922

Savageduck

Old April 16th 18, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-16 00:55:59 +0000, Savageduck said:

[...]

Avaible for Android too:

https://truecaller.en.aptoide.com/

So is the classic TrueCaller:

Old April 16th 18, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-16 00:55:59 +0000, Savageduck said:

[...]

Just checked. TrueCaller is avaible for iOS too:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id448142450?mt=8
--
teleportation kills

Old April 16th 18, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/14/2018 9:53 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

For the forth time this week I got a phone call from a telephone that
spoofs the telephone number of an Apple store.

was it emily (or whatever her name is this week) from the hotel resort?

They give me a number to call, which does not compare with any
legitimate Apple number. I have reported this phony number to Apple.

there's nothing apple or anyone else can realistically do. the calls
are almost certainly coming from outside the usa, and it's only going
to get worse.

So you are saying that the number they ask me to call cannot be traced?
According to one of my friends, who was an engineer with the original
AT&T, and another friend who is retired from a TLOF agency, just about
any number can be traced, though some with more difficulty than other's.

I also heard some horror stories about some who were naive enough to
either press the requested button, or call the number they ask you to call.

--
PeterN