Suggestions for Greeting Cards?

Old September 14th 04, 12:18 AM
Dave

Default Suggestions for Greeting Cards?

Greetings!
My wife and I would like to start using some of our digital pix for greeting
cards and have a few questions.
As we are working in low (spelled NO) budget mode, we want to obtain the
best possible results with our existing printers.
HP PSC 1210 3-in-1
Cannon 1560s
Lexmark X75 3-in-1

As you may have seen, I posted earlier,
...) about editing software, so we
do not know which program(s) we will be using to edit and print.
However, here is what we would like to attempt. We would like to either
print and glue 4x6 prints onto card stock, or print directly onto card
stock. We have 300+ Canon "Photo Paper Plus Glossy" 92 iso, 270g/m(2), 10.5
mil. cards. We believe it will be less expensive to print and glue, as we
have some card stock already. At least in the beginning, as we learn
editing / printing techniques.
We are attempting quality, not quantity.

Which printer should give us the best results? Are there any special tips
for using each printer?
When we do buy paper / card stock, is there a decent quality stock that will
fold well, have a good weight, and still print a good quality photo?
Is there any way to conserve ink while we are experimenting?

We are willing to experiment, and would appreciate any & all suggestions.

TIA!

-- Dave

Old September 14th 04, 12:37 AM
Gene Palmiter

I have seen some good results that way....I just want to mention that most
photo print sites will make up cards for you and the wet processed prints
will look better and last longer than the ones you print at home.

Old September 14th 04, 02:35 AM
Ron Hunter

Dave wrote:
[...]

I suggest you buy one of the card composing and printing programs, such
as Print Shop, Print Artist, or Hallmarks greeting card program. These
will do nice printing on card stock, and you can import and edit your
pictures right in the card program.
My wife has been doing this for years, and has three or four programs
she uses, depending on her needs. It is quite simple, even for the
non-computer wizard types.