If?

Old August 19th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
irwell

Default If?

If you are in the market today for a
ZLR, what would your pick be?

I am inclined to the sony H5
at this moment.
Old August 19th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor

irwell wrote:
If you are in the market today for a
ZLR, what would your pick be?

I am inclined to the sony H5
at this moment.

I would pick whichever camera best met my photographic needs. At the time
I bought, that was the Panasonic FZ5 as it had a long zoom (36 - 432mm),
image stabilisation, a Leica lens producing excellent images, and was very
light (about 300 grams). I would not have bought a memory-stick camera.
I rejected a Canon S2 IS after handling one in the shop - it didn't suit
me - although at the time the CF cards and AA batteries would have fitted
in better with my other cameras.

Today I would look closely at the Panasonic FZ7, although I would be
envious of a wider wide-angle end (say 28mm versus 36mm), and of a swivel
LCD.

But what do you want from the camera - what kind of photos do you wish to
take?

David

Old August 19th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
irwell

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 06:43:40 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

irwell wrote:
[...]

Thanks David. I have just sold my Z15, I liked mostly everything about
the camera except for the lousy image quality on ISO settings higher
than 100. I have the Sony W100 as my walkabout camera, before had the
Sony W1, like all the menu functions and the pretty good image
quality, even on the higher ISOs, goes to pot at about 600 and higher.

The swivel lcd on the Canon S3 IS
is a huge plus, makes the camera like a mini Hasselblad.

The camera I really like from the specs is the Samsung Pro815,
a huge monster. but is a heavy piece to be toting about.

I found a good site for printing out all the specs in a side
by side comparison at http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/home.do
you can do up to five comparisons at one go.