Lightroom Classic CC problem

Old February 6th 18, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Lightroom Classic CC problem

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
something like:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
problem or have other people also experienced it?

W10 of course.

Eric Stevens
Old February 6th 18, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 16:05:42 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
something like:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
problem or have other people also experienced it?

W10 of course.

I think there was a recent Win update, so check for the latest printer
drivers.
Old February 6th 18, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
something like:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
problem or have other people also experienced it?

W10 of course.

This gets slightly weird.

Trial 1
-------
I started up LR and then Task Manager and there was LR. I selected
'PRINT' and up popped the notice once again. I ignored the invitation
to shut the program down and instead shut down the warning notice. I
then tried LR and found that nothing responded. I tried shut it down
(clicking on X) and got no response. I tried shutting it down using
Task Manager and found it wouldn't shut down. I then shut down the
computer from the Windows button.

Trial 2
-------
I rebooted the computer and started Task Manager. I then started LR
and all looked OK on the surface but I noticed that Task Manager was
showing LR taking a steadily increasing amount of memory until it got
to (about) 683Mb, at which point it instantaneously got back to 9.7Mb.
I selected 'PRINT' and got the warning notice once again. At this
point LR had dissapeared from the Task Manager. I I tried shutting LR
down from the X in the corner of the LR window. To my surprise LR did
not just shut down but started the backup routine and then shut down
after the backup had finished, all the while with no LR showing in the
Task Manager.

As far as I can see, the Library and Develop sections of LR seem to
work correctly.

Eric Stevens
Old February 6th 18, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 5, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
something like:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

“Something like?” What was the exact wording?

Was there no error code?

Are you getting any sort of crash report?

Have you notified Adobe CC Support?

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Obviously, but where does the problem lie, with LR CCC, or W10?

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

I gather Windows hasn’t been able to figure out a solution?

As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
problem or have other people also experienced it?

W10 of course.

Printer driver?

Current LR CCC on macOS no issue with the print module.

BTW: I am heading out of here on my trip to South Africa in the early AM. So
I will be away from my desktop for about a month, and I will be restricted to
my iPad Pro, iPhone, and Adobe mobile apps for about a month.

Savageduck

Old February 6th 18, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a W10 - LR CCC conflict, and might be printer driver
related.

Trial 2
-------
I rebooted the computer and started Task Manager. I then started LR
and all looked OK on the surface but I noticed that Task Manager was
showing LR taking a steadily increasing amount of memory until it got
to (about) 683Mb, at which point it instantaneously got back to 9.7Mb.
I selected 'PRINT' and got the warning notice once again. At this
point LR had dissapeared from the Task Manager. I I tried shutting LR
down from the X in the corner of the LR window. To my surprise LR did
not just shut down but started the backup routine and then shut down
after the backup had finished, all the while with no LR showing in the
Task Manager.

That sounds like some sort of memory leak.

As far as I can see, the Library and Develop sections of LR seem to
work correctly.

I hate to be the ignorant Apple user in the room, but what is this Task
Manager of which you talk?

It certainly doesn’t seem to be managing LR printing tasks.

I believe you have little choice other than contacting Adobe CC support, and
or MS W10 support.

....and then there is Epson to see if there is an issue with their driver and
the current edition of W10.

Savageduck

Old February 6th 18, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.

no problems with windows since 2000, you say?
Old February 6th 18, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 19:47:05 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Feb 5, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.
When I select Print it brings up the appropriate screen identifying
the printer and the paper size and then a notice pops up which says
something like:

You are about to start commenting on the message text. In my previous
post I quoted it as reading:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working.

“Something like?” What was the exact wording?

Was there no error code?

Nope

Are you getting any sort of crash report?

Nope

Have you notified Adobe CC Support?

Not yet

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Obviously, but where does the problem lie, with LR CCC, or W10?

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

I gather Windows hasn’t been able to figure out a solution?

Not that it has told me.

As far as I know all my software is up to date. Is this just my
problem or have other people also experienced it?

W10 of course.

Printer driver?

Don't think so. It doesn't get s far as trying to print. I hadn't even
selected a template.

Current LR CCC on macOS no issue with the print module.

BTW: I am heading out of here on my trip to South Africa in the early AM. So
I will be away from my desktop for about a month, and I will be restricted to
my iPad Pro, iPhone, and Adobe mobile apps for about a month.

Have a good trip.

Eric Stevens
Old February 6th 18, 09:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 22:59:37 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.

no problems with windows since 2000, you say?

That was two or three days ago. Even so, we don't yet know where the
problem arises.

Eric Stevens
Old February 6th 18, 11:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 06/02/2018 03:47, Savageduck wrote:
I am heading out of here on my trip to South Africa in the early AM. So
I will be away from my desktop for about a month, and I will be restricted to
my iPad Pro, iPhone, and Adobe mobile apps for about a month.

-- Regards, Savageduck

I trust that you'll have an outstanding visit. :-)

A long-standing friend and his wife went there in December and posted
lots of interesting items on Facebook. I'll be happy to share them with
you if you are on Facebook yourself.

--
David B.
Old February 6th 18, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 06/02/2018 08:33, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 22:59:37 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

My Lightroom Classic CC seems to have decided to give up printing.

no problems with windows since 2000, you say?

That was two or three days ago. Even so, we don't yet know where the
problem arises.

Don't use lightroom, but Win10 regularly shags my printer settings
somewhere. The last occasion (in the past couple of days) was printing
from Acrobat.