D70s Burst Mode Slowdown

Old January 26th 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
garazy

Default D70s Burst Mode Slowdown

Hi there,

I used to get about 3fps with my D70s + 80x CF when shooting JPEG. Now
I only seem to get about 1 a second. When I take shots at 8000 / 3.5 in
burst mode the display says r10 when doing a normal JPEG. I tried
formatting the card and resetting the menus but it has made no effect.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

Old January 26th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Rubin

"garazy" writes:
I used to get about 3fps with my D70s + 80x CF when shooting JPEG. Now
I only seem to get about 1 a second. When I take shots at 8000 / 3.5 in
burst mode the display says r10 when doing a normal JPEG. I tried
formatting the card and resetting the menus but it has made no effect.

any ideas?

Check whether you've switched the AF setting to continuous or
something like that.
Old January 26th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
AustinMN

garazy screamed in distress on this frequency wrote:
I used to get about 3fps with my D70s + 80x CF when shooting JPEG. Now
I only seem to get about 1 a second. When I take shots at 8000 / 3.5 in
burst mode the display says r10 when doing a normal JPEG. I tried
formatting the card and resetting the menus but it has made no effect.

Were you shooting at a reduced resolution (smaller file size) before?

Austin

Old January 26th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
R Pradeep Chandran

On 26 Jan 2007 05:17:48 -0800, "garazy" wrote:
I used to get about 3fps with my D70s + 80x CF when shooting JPEG. Now
I only seem to get about 1 a second. When I take shots at 8000 / 3.5 in
burst mode the display says r10 when doing a normal JPEG. I tried
formatting the card and resetting the menus but it has made no effect.

any ideas?

Well, I am not sure about this but I remember reading somewhere (may
be it was a user's comment in popphoto) that turning on long exposure
noise reduction slows down the burst speed even for short exposures. I
don't use burst mode and don't have my camera at hand to experiment,
but you might want to try it.

Have a nice day,
Pradeep
--
All opinions are mine and do not represent the views or
policies of my employer.
Old January 27th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
garazy

Thanks guys,

I've switched off long exposure noise reduction and it is all working
sweet.

Gary

Old January 27th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Fields

"garazy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks guys,

I've switched off long exposure noise reduction and it is all working
sweet.

Gary

Thanks for the follow-up -- I have filed that away in my folder ... it
certainly sounds like something I would do :-)

mikey