CAMERA WON'T CLOSE

Old January 25th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DonTWC

Default CAMERA WON'T CLOSE

This is weird and I don't know where to start.

I have an Olympus Camedia c-60. I just finished importing the pictures
to my PC and now it won't close. It won't take pictures, either. It
lights up, but when I try to close it, the little motor whirrs but the
lens won't retract and close.

I do get a blue screen on the camera, though, and this message:

D:
1E11
34FF
1E11
1E1A

This means something, but what, I don't know. Help? Thanks.

Don

Old January 25th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cgiorgio

The Olympus internal service document will be the only source to interpret
the error codes you see on your display. Try to remove the cable and the
batteries, reinsert the batteries after 10 Minutes. If you are lucky it
works again, otherwise R.I.P.

oups.com...

Old January 25th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I would assume you will need professional work on the camera. Have
you looked at Yahoo. These camera new are less than $150 dollars.
Ebay has them much cheaper and used ones are going for less the $60 if
you look often. Lenes closing are a problem that is usually very
costly to fix.

Old January 25th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gizmo.

"DonTWC" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is weird and I don't know where to start.

I have an Olympus Camedia c-60. I just finished importing the pictures
to my PC and now it won't close. It won't take pictures, either. It
lights up, but when I try to close it, the little motor whirrs but the
lens won't retract and close.

I do get a blue screen on the camera, though, and this message:

D:
1E11
34FF
1E11
1E1A

This means something, but what, I don't know. Help? Thanks.

The only thing I can suggest is removing the battery, wait a minute, pop the
battery back in and see what happens.

Old January 25th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 03:32:44 -0800, DonTWC wrote
(in article .com):

This is weird and I don't know where to start.

I have an Olympus Camedia c-60. I just finished importing the pictures
to my PC and now it won't close. It won't take pictures, either. It
lights up, but when I try to close it, the little motor whirrs but the
lens won't retract and close.

I do get a blue screen on the camera, though, and this message:

D:
1E11
34FF
1E11
1E1A

This means something, but what, I don't know. Help? Thanks.

It means your camera is broken. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) You probably have
a small piece of dirt or grit jamming the mechanism and the error message is
merely telling you the camera will not close (as if you didn't know). Try
blowing some compressed air into the crevices around the area where the cover
closes and see if that doesn't help.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old January 25th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

DonTWC wrote:
This is weird and I don't know where to start.

I have an Olympus Camedia c-60. I just finished importing the pictures
to my PC and now it won't close. It won't take pictures, either. It
lights up, but when I try to close it, the little motor whirrs but the
lens won't retract and close.

I do get a blue screen on the camera, though, and this message:

D:
1E11
34FF
1E11
1E1A

This means something, but what, I don't know. Help? Thanks.

Don

Sounds like your battery went kaput during/immediately after the
download. (Another reason to use a card reader).
Try removing the battery and recharging it. Then see what hapens.
Cameras do not like to be in the middle of an operation and have their
battery run out of juice.
Bob Williams

Old January 26th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DonTWC

Well, after leaving it off for a while, I tried to close it again, and
it did. It seems to be fine. I think I am going with the piece of grit
idea. I take this thing everywhere and grit is a part of my business.
Thanks for all your input. And I will keep my compressed air handy.

Don

Old January 26th 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

DonTWC wrote:
Well, after leaving it off for a while, I tried to close it again, and
it did. It seems to be fine. I think I am going with the piece of grit
idea. I take this thing everywhere and grit is a part of my business.
Thanks for all your input. And I will keep my compressed air handy.

Don

It may also be that the battery recovered somewhat while you waited.
Suggest recharging it before further use, and next time you do a
transfer, either use a card reader, or make sure the battery is fully
charged before you start a transfer.
Old January 26th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Fields

"DonTWC" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, after leaving it off for a while, I tried to close it again, and
it did. It seems to be fine. I think I am going with the piece of grit
idea. I take this thing everywhere and grit is a part of my business.
Thanks for all your input. And I will keep my compressed air handy.

Don

If by "compressed air", you mean the cans of stuff, be very
careful where you use it and how you hold the can -- the "blast
of gas" can work well used properly, but if you hold the can wrong
and spray the liquid before it has boiled to a gas onto the sensor
or other critical area, you can totally destroy the camera.

mikey

Old January 27th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Mike Fields wrote:

"DonTWC" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, after leaving it off for a while, I tried to close it again, and
it did. It seems to be fine. I think I am going with the piece of grit
idea. I take this thing everywhere and grit is a part of my business.
Thanks for all your input. And I will keep my compressed air handy.

Don

If by "compressed air", you mean the cans of stuff, be very
careful where you use it and how you hold the can -- the "blast
of gas" can work well used properly, but if you hold the can wrong
and spray the liquid before it has boiled to a gas onto the sensor
or other critical area, you can totally destroy the camera.

mikey

Use one with CO2, which has no liquid state at normal temperature/pressures.