The big cat is coming to get you!

Old March 10th 07, 07:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_2_]

Default The big cat is coming to get you!

Ha, ha ha.... Her name is rastus. She's 16years old and my constant
companion. She loves nothing more than a feed of fresh whiting... When the
Pelican doesn't get it first!

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/cat.htm

Douglas

Old March 10th 07, 10:36 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

D-Mac wrote:
Ha, ha ha.... Her name is rastus. She's 16years old and my constant
companion. She loves nothing more than a feed of fresh whiting...
When the Pelican doesn't get it first!

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/cat.htm

Douglas

What's with the crinkled green tin-foil you crammed into that poor cat's
eyes??? What, did you freeze this poor cat's iris until it crystalized???

Your image-editing "choices" never cease to amaze...

When doing editing of this kind, it's always wise to occasionally refer back
to the original image as you make changes, since it's otherwise too easy to
morph the image into an utterly destroyed, fake-looking chunk of goo...like
this cat's eyes look.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 10th 07, 10:49 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 10, 2:57 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:
Ha, ha ha.... Her name is rastus. She's 16years old and my constant
companion. She loves nothing more than a feed of fresh whiting... When the
Pelican doesn't get it first!

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/cat.htm

Douglas

I thought the cat's eyes looked really strange. I'm not familiar with
Photoshop or any kind of touch-ups for that matter, but I certainly
could detect something strange.
Helen

Old March 10th 07, 10:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Neilsen

that would be what cats eyes look like, hense they reflect at night.
Do you have to hang crap on this guy about every post he puts up? wake up
kiddies.
wrote in message
ps.com...

Old March 10th 07, 10:59 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Richard Neilsen wrote:
that would be what cats eyes look like, hense they reflect at night.
Do you have to hang crap on this guy about every post he puts up? wake up
kiddies.

Are you serious?
This image is so severely over-manipulated to the point of looking
crystalized.

wrote in message
ps.com...

Old March 10th 07, 11:06 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 10, 5:57 pm, "Richard Neilsen"
wrote:
that would be what cats eyes look like, hense they reflect at night.
Do you have to hang crap on this guy about every post he puts up? wake up
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Mar 10, 2:57 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:
Ha, ha ha.... Her name is rastus. She's 16years old and my constant
companion. She loves nothing more than a feed of fresh whiting... When
the
Pelican doesn't get it first!

http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/cat.htm

Douglas

I thought the cat's eyes looked really strange. I'm not familiar with
Photoshop or any kind of touch-ups for that matter, but I certainly
could detect something strange.
Helen- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, but I don't agree. The cat's eyes look very strange, like they
have been heavily photoshopped or something to that nature. As for
posting "crap" about D-Mac's pics, I have never given him negative
feedback on his work.

Old March 10th 07, 11:51 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_2_]

:
: http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/cat.htm
:
: Douglas
:
: What's with the crinkled green tin-foil you crammed into that poor cat's
: eyes??? What, did you freeze this poor cat's iris until it crystalized???
:
: Your image-editing "choices" never cease to amaze...
:
: When doing editing of this kind, it's always wise to occasionally refer
back
: to the original image as you make changes, since it's otherwise too easy
: morph the image into an utterly destroyed, fake-looking chunk of
goo...like
: this cat's eyes look.
:
: --
: Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by MarkČ at:
: www.pbase.com/markuson
:
Serious are you Mark? Ha, ha, ha. Man I wouldn't have thought you'd have
been that stupid as to say something like this. When you had a go at my
telescopic flash shot of a Pelican over dusk, I got the idea you might have
been serious but I wasn't too sure so I said nothing but this... Oh man.
Give up on critical analysis. You couldn't be further from the truth if you
tried. You do know that digital cameras outline their images with certain
backgrounds, don't you?

There seems to be a brigade of self styled experts passing judgment on my
photos in this group who simply haven't got a bloody clue. You really need
to get a handle on the issue before telling me I've over edited a photo I
barely touched.

Last year it was my "Pelicans at dusk" photo that I hit with 4 GN 80 flashes
to get them lit at sunset. "Inappropriate use of flash" was the cry, wasn't
it? The single best selling photo of the year, sales wise.

Bret got in with my "blurry" Pelicans that aren't today and Tony Polson got
in the year before about a old Islander I shot in ceremonial garb, being a
"soft Image".

The cat photo is as shot, cropped to about 90% of original size and
sharpened with 200% or unsharp mask at 0.2 radius. Not a single alteration
to the eyes or any other part of the image. Don't you understand about UV
light and cat's eyes in the dark? Man, don't do this. You are starting to
look as idiotic as Bret Hogan.

Just because you can't do these things, don't for one moment assume no one
else can.That's pure bigotry.

Douglas

Old March 10th 07, 11:52 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_2_]

: Richard Neilsen wrote:
: that would be what cats eyes look like, hense they reflect at night.
: Do you have to hang crap on this guy about every post he puts up? wake
up
: kiddies.
:
: Are you serious?
: This image is so severely over-manipulated to the point of looking
: crystalized.
:
:
Give up on it Mark... Before I make you look as stupid a Hogan.

Old March 11th 07, 12:01 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_2_]

ps.com...
: wrote:
: that would be what cats eyes look like, hense they reflect at night.
: Do you have to hang crap on this guy about every post he puts up? wake
up
: wrote in message
:
: ps.com...
:
:
:
: On Mar 10, 2:57 pm, "D-Mac" wrote:
: Ha, ha ha.... Her name is rastus. She's 16years old and my constant
: companion. She loves nothing more than a feed of fresh whiting...
When
: the
: Pelican doesn't get it first!
:
: http://www.annika1980.com/D-Macs/cat.htm
:
: Douglas
:
: I thought the cat's eyes looked really strange. I'm not familiar with
: Photoshop or any kind of touch-ups for that matter, but I certainly
: could detect something strange.
: Helen- Hide quoted text -
:
:
: Sorry, but I don't agree. The cat's eyes look very strange, like they
: have been heavily photoshopped or something to that nature. As for
: posting "crap" about D-Mac's pics, I have never given him negative
: feedback on his work.
:
I'll give you that much Helen... You refrain from sinking to the lows of
your idol and his other worshipers (both of them). Take it from me Helen...
The image is unaltered except for a very low sharpening. Accept it for what
it is. An unusual photograph I took of my beloved cat. Unless of course you
want me to start baiting you too.

Douglas

Old March 11th 07, 12:06 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

D-Mac wrote:
[...]

If you don't see the severe over-sharpening evidence in this shot, then
you're beyond hope. I'll leave this to others, as anyone with an eyeball
will agree that the sharpening in this photo is extreme...whether the result
of an over-zealous in-camera setting, or after-the-fact D-Mac job. There
are blobs, halos and dots all over this photo. Individual hair detail is
lost in the swamp of crystalized-looking stuff. Sort of looks like a water
color painting viewed through a screen door, and painted with a frayed
brush.

But whatever floats your boat...

www.pbase.com/markuson