Tele Hexar 30cm lens

Old January 6th 05, 10:40 PM

Default Tele Hexar 30cm lens

Hi,
I bought this Tele Hexar 30cm f6.3 lens recently on ebay, I could not
find any information about this lens, anyone familiar with it? I would
like to know the construction of the lens, such as # of elements # of
groups, coverage and etc.

Thanks!

Old January 7th 05, 08:49 AM
Richard Knoppow

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I bought this Tele Hexar 30cm f6.3 lens recently on ebay,
I could not
find any information about this lens, anyone familiar with
it? I would
like to know the construction of the lens, such as # of
elements # of
groups, coverage and etc.

Thanks!

Hexar suggests six elements. Does it have anything else
written on it, like a maker's name?

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old January 7th 05, 03:45 PM

Thanks Richard,
Hexar does suggest six, but I am not sure about six elements.

Sorry, that I should have mentioned the Konishi-roku brand name in my
original post.

Hexar is a brand name of Konica (or Konishi-roku before Konica), I
believe in Japanese chars, there is a "six" in the "Konishi-roku" name,
so they like to use Hexar to name their lenses. Early Hexar lens was
Tessar design, and Hexanon was used for lenses with more than 4
elements, and Optor for 3 element lens? However, in their 35mm F or
K/AR mount lines, they used Hexanon for the better lenses, and Hexar
for the cheaper lines, so the naming convention was different there. I
am fairly familiar with their 35mm lens lines and their medium format
camera lenses, such as Pearl, Koni-Omega and etc.

But this is the first large format lens I have that is made by Konica
or Konishi-roku. I looked at the reflections from the glasses, it seems
to me there are 2 cemented elments in the front, and 2 cemented
elements in the back, but I am not positive on design. I mount it on a
board and put on my speed graphic and it seemed illuminate the format
but I am not sure how good the corner will be.

Thanks again!

Old January 8th 05, 06:04 AM

Thanks Dan,

The lens is in a KTI TIYOKO shutter, T, B, 1-1/200. f stop from f6.3 to
f32, so it might not be an aerial lens, because I guess the pilot might
be too busy to cook the shutter?

It looks to me just like a "regular" large format lens, with a between
lens shutter, except it also comes with a strange "bayonet" adapter, I
guess I can use it as a jam nut. Other than this, it looks "similar"
to my 10 "Tele-Optar, even the filter thread is the same, 55mm, I am
not suggesting they were made by the same factory (Optar was from
Wollensak), but I am saying, it look like a regular photo taking lens.

Here is the mounting ring, any ideas?
http://www.acpanet.com/images/hexar/...exar-mount.jpg

Thanks,

Old January 9th 05, 12:20 AM
Dan Fromm

Thanks Dan,

The lens is in a KTI TIYOKO shutter, T, B, 1-1/200. f stop from f6.3

f32, so it might not be an aerial lens, because I guess the pilot

might
be too busy to cook the shutter?

It looks to me just like a "regular" large format lens, with a

between
lens shutter, except it also comes with a strange "bayonet" adapter,

guess I can use it as a jam nut. Other than this, it looks

"similar"
to my 10 "Tele-Optar, even the filter thread is the same, 55mm, I am
not suggesting they were made by the same factory (Optar was from
Wollensak), but I am saying, it look like a regular photo taking

lens.

Here is the mounting ring, any ideas?
http://www.acpanet.com/images/hexar/...exar-mount.jpg

Thanks,

Wenbiao, thanks for the clarification. I just did a search on tiyoko
and shutter and found references to pre-WWII Minolta TLRs that have
tiyoko shutters. So your tele-hexar could just be a prewar taking lens
for a press or view camera, not for an aerial camera. I thought of an
aerial camera because Konoshiroku made 'em.

Try the lens out if you can and see how well it works. Film is cheap.
Cheers,

Dan

Old January 11th 05, 06:18 AM

Hi Dan,
This sunday, I put the lens in a lens board and used it on my speed
graphic, and shot 2 pictures in my back yard, one was ruined during
developing (open the drum when the light was on), so only one left.

From looking at the ground glass, I found that it covers 45, however,

when I used the maximum raise on my SG (about 40mm?) the bottom two
corners vignetted, so I guess I can say "not much" for movement.

Anyway, here is the picture, boring stuff, but it was -20C outside, so
I had no where to go to, and not much time to compose.

http://www.acpanet.com/images/hexar/snow.jpg
http://www.acpanet.com/images/hexar/snow-d1.jpg
I guess, for about $20, it is a "nice" lens.

Thanks again,
Wenbiao