20D Firmware 2.0.2

Old October 3rd 05, 11:05 PM
Tim S.

Default 20D Firmware 2.0.2

Anyone have any problems after doing this firmware update? I'm thinking
I might run the update if it helps with using the remote shutter
release. Thanks for any feedback.

Tim
Old October 4th 05, 10:18 AM
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes

Tim S. wrote:

Anyone have any problems after doing this firmware update? I'm thinking
I might run the update if it helps with using the remote shutter
release. Thanks for any feedback.

What kind of problem do you have with the current firmware version and the
remote shutter release?

I'm using 2.0.2 and have not more problems after I upgraded. Still got some
problems - the camera seem to work OK but won't shoot. Have to turn it off
and one again.

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/
Old October 4th 05, 02:24 PM
BJ in Texas

Tim S. wrote:
|| Anyone have any problems after doing this firmware update?
|| I'm thinking I might run the update if it helps with using
|| the remote shutter release. Thanks for any feedback.
|| Tim

My 20D came with 2.0.2 firmware. Been using it for 2 months
and have experienced only one instance of lockup cleared by
turning it off and back on.

BJ
--
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of
servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart

Old October 5th 05, 05:35 AM
Eugene

Anyone have any problems after doing this firmware update? I'm thinking
I might run the update if it helps with using the remote shutter
release. Thanks for any feedback.

Tim

I did the upgrade straight after buying the camera, and didn't have any
problems with it. I just got a TC80N3 yesterday, and it seems to work
fine. Haven't field tested it yet though. I actually didn't realise
there were any issues with remote shutter releases. What kind of
problems have you been having with it?
Old October 5th 05, 09:23 AM
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes

Eugene wrote:

Anyone have any problems after doing this firmware update? I'm thinking
I might run the update if it helps with using the remote shutter
release. Thanks for any feedback.

Tim

I did the upgrade straight after buying the camera, and didn't have any
problems with it. I just got a TC80N3 yesterday, and it seems to work
fine. Haven't field tested it yet though. I actually didn't realise
there were any issues with remote shutter releases. What kind of
problems have you been having with it?

I have used the TC80N3 on firmware 1.something without any problems. I don't
remember which version, but one of the last one before 2.0.2 came.

I have never had any problems with the the TC80N3. What kind of problem has
been reported?

Old October 5th 05, 04:53 PM
Tim S.

Eugene wrote:
Anyone have any problems after doing this firmware update? I'm
thinking I might run the update if it helps with using the remote
shutter release. Thanks for any feedback.

Tim

I did the upgrade straight after buying the camera, and didn't have any
problems with it. I just got a TC80N3 yesterday, and it seems to work
fine. Haven't field tested it yet though. I actually didn't realise
there were any issues with remote shutter releases. What kind of
problems have you been having with it?

Actually I wasn't having problems but wanted to make sure I didn't have
future problems with my shutter release. I was using an earlier firmware
and went ahead and upgraded. I noticed in the previous firmware Canon
had put a fix in for the shutter release and just figured it wouldn't
hurt to do the upgrade. So far 2.0.2 has been fine just wanted other
users opinions.

Thanks
Tim