Fall color on lower Blue Ridge Parkway

Old October 3rd 05, 01:06 PM
no_name

Default Fall color on lower Blue Ridge Parkway

Got up to the Parkway this weekend; the section running south of I-40.
The color's were just barely starting to show above 5000 feet. Looks
like maybe another couple of weeks before they really get going.

Gasoline was averaging $3.20 per gallon in the area.

Caught part of the Monarch Butterfly migration. Lived here in NC for 50+
years and never heard about it before. Saw perhaps 200 butterflies pass
through in the two hours I was in that spot.
Old October 3rd 05, 03:02 PM
Annika1980

Got up to the Parkway this weekend; the section running south of I-40.
The color's were just barely starting to show above 5000 feet. Looks
like maybe another couple of weeks before they really get going.

Please keep me informed about the foilage. That isn't too far a drive
from me.

Oh yeah, where's your pics?

Old October 3rd 05, 10:21 PM
Charlie Self

no_name wrote:
Got up to the Parkway this weekend; the section running south of I-40.
The color's were just barely starting to show above 5000 feet. Looks
like maybe another couple of weeks before they really get going.

Gasoline was averaging $3.20 per gallon in the area.

Caught part of the Monarch Butterfly migration. Lived here in NC for 50+
years and never heard about it before. Saw perhaps 200 butterflies pass
through in the two hours I was in that spot.

We're about 20 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway Peaks of Otter area.
We'll hit it Friday, but it's been so dry here, I doubt we'll get much
color. Some trees are completely nude already, and color is sparse in
others. Driest September on record for a lot of south central Virginia.

Old October 3rd 05, 11:32 PM
no_name

Annika1980 wrote:

Got up to the Parkway this weekend; the section running south of I-40.
The color's were just barely starting to show above 5000 feet. Looks
like maybe another couple of weeks before they really get going.

Please keep me informed about the foilage. That isn't too far a drive
from me.

Oh yeah, where's your pics?

On the hard-drive at the moment. I don't have one of those web posting
accounts yet. When I get ready, I'll get one.
Old October 5th 05, 12:32 AM
no_name

Ed Ruf wrote:

On 3 Oct 2005 07:02:34 -0700, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "Annika1980"
wrote:

Got up to the Parkway this weekend; the section running south of I-40.
The color's were just barely starting to show above 5000 feet. Looks
like maybe another couple of weeks before they really get going.

Please keep me informed about the foilage. That isn't too far a drive

from me.

You might find this site helpful to keep abreast of the current state of
things. http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/southeast_us/

Had it bookmarked ... but the chance came to get out of the house (and
out of the darkroom), so I just went and looked for myself.