fast memory card is a must

Old February 3rd 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Du_Hicky

Default fast memory card is a must

I've always used a 66x Sandisk in my digital camera and thought it was
pretty fast compared to a regular speed sd card, and I've always heard
that digital cameras cannot take advantage of ultra high speed memory
cards but now I know from my experience it's not true. I own a FZ-7 and
always wonder why my movie mode would stop after a minute and my burst
mode would stop after 7 consecutive shots when I had a 66x memory card.
So I decided to purchase a cheap 133x Corsair to try out the speed and I
was shocked at how fast the camera is now. I can take consecutive shots
in burst mode until the memory card is completely full and movie mode
does not stop until the memory runs out. Shot to shot was pretty fast
with the 66x but with the 133x it's instantaneous. I also tested the
Tiff mode and it would take the Scandisk about 7 seconds to load, it
takes the Corsair about 3 seconds or maybe a little less. I don't know
if all cameras can take advantage of a 133x or higher card but I can
honestly say for sure if you have a FZ-7 it's a must.
Old February 3rd 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Little Juice Coupe

Whether or not your camera can use a high speed card or not depends on your
camera. It has to support them or no go.

ljc

.com...

Old February 3rd 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
timeOday

It's true there can be a difference. When my 1 GB Kingston "Elite Pro"
card broke and I was waiting for a new one on warranty, I used an old
256MB card I bought a few years ago. I had the same problems you cite -
couldn't keep up with video and a noticeable delay between shots.

I also noticed the speed difference between another 256 MB card and a
new 4 GB card in my PocketPC.

Flash memory is great, and just keeps getting better.
Old February 3rd 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
Du_Hicky wrote:

[...]

To each his own. I shoot photos of landscapes and things that do not
tend to move around a lot. My camera also has a decent buffer. A fast
memory card would be a waste of money for me, but each person needs to
look at their own needs in deciding which camera gear to buy.