Getting back into medium format

Old November 22nd 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Duncan

Default Getting back into medium format

Thanks for that.

The information I had seemed to imply that this was a complete merger.
Unless it works both ways and that they are sharing the traffic?

Duncan

"Andrew Price" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:12:23 -0000, "Duncan"
wrote:

Fotoimpex have merged with http://www.retrophotographic.com/

In the UK. But not in Germany.

Old November 23rd 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Pudentame

Lassi Hippeläinen wrote:
j wrote:

jeremy wrote:

I read, about a year ago, that Kodak was THE #1 polluter in the
entire world. I was stunned to see that.

Kodak was at one time considered the greatest polluter in the state, not
the country.

That's only because they are in New York. If they were in Texas, they would
be the biggest in the world...

-- Lassi

Hmmph! In Texas, they'd be also-rans.
Old November 24th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

Scott W wrote:

Our county just by itself puts out 2,000 tons of sulfur dioxide gas
each day.
Given that our county has about 200,000 people in it that is about 20
Lbs of
SO2 for each person living in our county.

And I can tell you this, nobody is going to shut down our release of
pollution.

:-)
Any virgins thrown in as well?

Old November 24th 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Scott W

Noons wrote:
Scott W wrote:

Our county just by itself puts out 2,000 tons of sulfur dioxide gas
each day.
Given that our county has about 200,000 people in it that is about 20
Lbs of
SO2 for each person living in our county.

And I can tell you this, nobody is going to shut down our release of
pollution.

:-)
Any virgins thrown in as well?

We use to but it is getting hard to find the virgins any more.
But clearly you see why we don't try and stop the pollution.

Scott

Old November 27th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bael

forget all asholes! today you can buy 620, 110, ortho 120/135 film, minox...
from fotoimpex...

how many years the last camera of 620 format are in shop windows ???
and with china searching things to produce... look at this wonderfull pano
camera, the fotoman line...

all these films "deads" are only decissions from bastars capitalism after
sucking drugs by nose :-)

On 12 Nov 2006 22:35:51 -0800, "Noons" wrote:

Define "much longer" first?

Yea, good point. Oh I suppose I was hoping for maybe 5 years or so.
Let's hope I suppose.

Will it last forever? Of course not!
Will it last long enough for you to take a lot of
enjoyment out of your MF gear? My guess is:
heck, yeah!

Well that's positive.

The Ebay thing is interesting. 1K sounds a lot of money to spend
there, never looked there for stuff of that value before, but maybe I
shouldn't rule it out.

Thanks for those helpful comments!

Steve