camera bag for 70-200VR and D70 plus flash and extra lens?

Old June 10th 05, 11:58 AM
Avery

Default camera bag for 70-200VR and D70 plus flash and extra lens?

Right now I'm using a Billingham 306 for all my gear... works great but
doesn't fit the 70-200VR very well and is very heavy with all the glass
and camera in it.

For day trips I was hoping to find a bag in similar quality to the
Billingham but one that I can drop the 70-200VR into without it poking
out of the top of the bag.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Avery

Old June 10th 05, 02:47 PM
W Harding

"Avery" wrote in message
oups.com...
Right now I'm using a Billingham 306 for all my gear... works great but
doesn't fit the 70-200VR very well and is very heavy with all the glass
and camera in it.

For day trips I was hoping to find a bag in similar quality to the
Billingham but one that I can drop the 70-200VR into without it poking
out of the top of the bag.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Avery

I have the same problem--the 70-200 VR is one large lens. I bought a Lowepro
Topload Zoom AW to hold my D70/70-200 VR combo. I found that I had to remove
the dividers because the reversed lens hood got caught on them coming out.
There's no room left in the main compartment, but there are other zippered
pockets to hold this and that.

Old June 10th 05, 05:07 PM
Paul Furman

Avery wrote:

Right now I'm using a Billingham 306 for all my gear... works great but
doesn't fit the 70-200VR very well and is very heavy with all the glass
and camera in it.

For day trips I was hoping to find a bag in similar quality to the
Billingham but one that I can drop the 70-200VR into without it poking
out of the top of the bag.

Any recommendations?

I use a tall skinny backpack. It'll hold the 70-200 with teleconverter &
hood mounted on the camera with a stack of other lenses & stuff on the
side but no room for food or water or a coat g.

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old June 13th 05, 03:18 PM

Paul Furman wrote:
Avery wrote:

Right now I'm using a Billingham 306 for all my gear... works great but
doesn't fit the 70-200VR very well and is very heavy with all the glass
and camera in it.

For day trips I was hoping to find a bag in similar quality to the
Billingham but one that I can drop the 70-200VR into without it poking
out of the top of the bag.

Any recommendations?

I use a tall skinny backpack. It'll hold the 70-200 with teleconverter &
hood mounted on the camera with a stack of other lenses & stuff on the
side but no room for food or water or a coat g.

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
san francisco native plants

Lowerpro makes a backpack that will fit your digital slr, your 70-200
lens, and a laptop. It is a bit on the expensive side. It is also
within the size limits of an airline carryon. I did break down and buy
one, around $180 with tax.

It would also fit a medium format system, if you were doing that
instead of a digital slr (Actually, you could put two digital slr or
35mm camera bodies in it, a couple of good size lenses).

It is a nice bag, padded to protect your equipment.

roland

Old June 16th 05, 10:00 PM
W Harding

"Nik Beard" wrote in message
I have the same gear as you and I use the Lowepro Nova 5 The 70-200 vr
standsn on end in its own compartment. I also carry my F100, my D70 and 4
other lenses plus my SB800 and charging kit. Yes it all weighs a bit but it
all goes in! And hangs snug on my sholder too!

Nik--

I recently purchased the Nova 5 for my D70 & 70-200 VR. I found that I had to
remove the pad on the bottom of the case to get the 70-200 VR to fit--did you
have to do the same. Other than that, I find the bag to be as roomy as you
do--4 lenses, a Coolpix 7900, SB800, batteries, charger, etc. all fit. As
mentioned earlier in this thread, the D70-VR combo fits into the Lowepro
Topload Zoom AW

Old June 17th 05, 12:07 AM
Nik Beard

No I didnt remove the bottom padding so the back cap of the lens pushes the
top of the bag a little but I,m happy with the result. Was gonna get a back
pack to carry it all assembled but thought I would be more likely to use my
17-35 ED more so went for the Nova 5. Happy clicking!!