kiev 80 question?

Old December 13th 04, 04:21 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Stacey wrote:

For instance (just one), how many cameras containing electronic focal
plane shutters do you know that have no off-switch?

My mamiya M645 doesn't have one, what's so special about this?

The at least 300,000 exposures to one battery is.

On a 2000-series
camera, there's absolutely no need for such a thing.

Obviously mamiya doesn't think so either. Even an OM-2 works at the 1/60

and
faster speeds with the camera turned off.

Yes, i know. It has an on-switch (note: *on*) operated by the mirror.
And it has an off-switch too. Good thing, since batteries don't live long if
you don't use that.
;-)

Old December 14th 04, 02:13 AM
Stacey

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

My mamiya M645 doesn't have one, what's so special about this?

The at least 300,000 exposures to one battery is.

I think I can afford a battery once every few years. The condensor charged
moving coil shutter the mamiya uses is designed to use very little power.
'm still on the same battery I bought with the camera so it must not use
too much.

BTW does 'blad pay you to be their spokes person here or are you just trying
to boost the value of all the blad gear you own? Hate to tell you but it's
becoming almost as -worthless- as the Kiev gear you enjoy bashing.

--

Stacey

Old December 14th 04, 12:52 PM
Raoul

BTW does 'blad pay you to be their spokes person here or are you just trying
to boost the value of all the blad gear you own? Hate to tell you but it's
becoming almost as -worthless- as the Kiev gear you enjoy bashing.

Kiev gear at the price paid is a fairly good value. I have a Kiev 60
for use with the 30mm Arsat. It works- usually. I frequently get some
sort of jamming as I use it but it is a single use camera so I put up
with it.

To imply that a Hasselblad is worthless is laughable. It's the same
gear it was when the prices were all higher. It is a great value as
well as being a great product. Now that the price of good used Hassy
gear is getting down tnear o what a well serviced Kiev costs, i can't
imagine why it would be a good idea to buy a Kiev instead.

raoul
Old December 14th 04, 04:21 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Stacey wrote:

My mamiya M645 doesn't have one, what's so special about this?

The at least 300,000 exposures to one battery is.

I think I can afford a battery once every few years. [...]

It's all about money with you, isn't it?

So what if i told you that this amazing, remarkable, admirable, achievement
is very affordable*/extremely expensive* (*you select what you like best)?

BTW does 'blad pay you to be their spokes person here or are you just

trying
to boost the value of all the blad gear you own? Hate to tell you but it's
becoming almost as -worthless- as the Kiev gear you enjoy bashing.

Again, all about money...
"Pay", "value", "worthless"... Money, money, money.
You know, you can get professional help to rid you of that obsession.

The worth of something, dear Stacey, is not something that can be expressed
in nickles and dimes.
Except in the minds of ...