neatimage alternatives?

Old April 20th 05, 09:15 PM
peter

Default neatimage alternatives?

Are there any alternatives to neatimage that is just as good but
cheaper/free?
Or, does the latest photoshop have this feature (I plan to buy it some day)?

Old April 20th 05, 09:43 PM
Jim Waggener

"peter" wrote in message
Are there any alternatives to neatimage that is just as good but
cheaper/free?
Or, does the latest photoshop have this feature (I plan to buy it some
day)?

Photoshop CS2 (shipping in May) has a new feature to reduce noise (or grain)
A current alternative to NeatImage is Noise Ninja.

Jim

Old April 20th 05, 09:52 PM
Marie-Aude

Le Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:15:24 GMT, peter a tapoté d'un clavier léger:

Are there any alternatives to neatimage that is just as good but
cheaper/free?

Isn't Neat Image free ? It's called demo version, but it is stated on their
site that you can use it for free as long as you want for non-commercial
purposes "The Demo edition of Neat Image is distributed as freeware for
non-commercial use".
The only thing you miss is the batch processing.

--
Marie-Aude
http://www.trassagere.com

Old April 20th 05, 10:11 PM
Bill Hilton

Isn't Neat Image free ? It's called demo version, but it is stated on
their site that you can use it for free as long as you want for
non-commercial purposes

When I bought NI a couple of years ago there were four or five
versions, I *think* the free one only worked on jpegs, not on tiffs, so
it's not much use for many of us. IIRC there was a cheap version for 8
bit tiffs, a more expensive version for 16 bit/channel files, and
another more expensive version that was a Photoshop plug-in (instead of
standalone). Something like that ...

Bill

Old April 20th 05, 10:17 PM
Pedro Graca

peter wrote:
Are there any alternatives to neatimage that is just as good but
cheaper/free?

I can't compare the two, but have a look at Imagenomic's Noiseware
http://www.imagenomic.com/

--
Mail to my "From:" address is readable by all at http://www.dodgeit.com/
== ** ## !! ------------------------------------------------ !! ## ** ==

Old April 20th 05, 10:24 PM
Marie-Aude

Le 20 Apr 2005 14:11:23 -0700, Bill Hilton a tapoté d'un clavier léger:

When I bought NI a couple of years ago there were four or five
versions, I *think* the free one only worked on jpegs, not on tiffs, so
it's not much use for many of us. IIRC there was a cheap version for 8
bit tiffs, a more expensive version for 16 bit/channel files, and
another more expensive version that was a Photoshop plug-in (instead of
standalone). Something like that ...

As far as I can see on their site, the difference is more on handling
16bits, provinding or not the plusing for photoshop, and batch
possibilities. They say you can mork directly on TIFF images as well on
JPEG, that should be available in the free version.

Old April 20th 05, 10:26 PM
Marie-Aude

Le 20 Apr 2005 14:11:23 -0700, Bill Hilton a tapoté d'un clavier léger:

When I bought NI a couple of years ago there were four or five
versions, I *think* the free one only worked on jpegs,

At leat now it's working on TIFF

http://www.neatimage.com/featuremap.html