Ping SavageDuck/Dropbox

Old July 5th 15, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

Default Ping SavageDuck/Dropbox

On 2015-07-05 20:52:34 +0000, said:

I recently replaced my desktop's HD with an SSD and re-installed
Windows on the new drive.

I guess that explains why your PC's clock is an hour fast.

Naturally, all programs had to be re-installed on the SSD. No
problems with any of them, and that includes the Adobe subscription
package.

Good.

Well, except for one: Dropbox. For some reason, Dropbox in my C:
does not synch with Dropbox. I re-arranged my Dropbox folders at
Dropbox.com, but the old arrangement remains on C:. All images up at
Dropbox.com are still viewable without a problem, though.

I don't see a setting. Any suggestions?

It used to be that if I added a photo in my C: Dropbox folder, it
automatically went to Dropbox.com. No so anymore.

I am assuming that you are only using the free 2GB DB program.

Are there any changes to the contents of your DB folder?

When you add a photo to the DB folder do you see the blue upload
spinner on the file icon?

Can you access dropbox.com via your browser of choice, and log in on line?

If so I would trash and then reinstall the decktop app. Then log out on
the browser and log back in via the DB app.

As far as location of the DB app and folder on different drives or
partitions on a Windows machine goes, I am a tad ignorant here in my
Mac world. I haven't used a Windows machine since I retired 6 years ago.
Alan Browne is a power DB user, and he also has SSD's and multiple OS's
installed his advice might be more productive than mine.

In the worst case scenario contact DB support.

What I didn't know, but do now, is that my iPad does not have be
connected to Wifi to view my Dropbox.com photos. If I open
Dropbox.com on my iPad, all photos are viewable regardless if I am, or
am not, connected.

That doesn't make sense unless somehow your primary PC Dropbox folder
was saved to your iPad for off line access. I dont know how that would
be possible. The only thing I can find in my iPad settings are options
to "Link a Computer" and "Camera Upload" both of which I do not use.

Does your iPad DB App show anything other than a mirror of the current
contents of your desktop DB folder?

BTW: Did your Adobe CC storage survive the move, or do you not use that
(There is 20 GB that you are paying for)?

Savageduck

Old July 6th 15, 06:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-07-05 20:52:34 +0000, said:

[...]

Have you managed to get DB sorted out on your desktop?

....and are you at least trying the CC set up?

Savageduck

Old July 6th 15, 06:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-07-06 05:34:47 +0000, TonyCooper said:

On Sun, 5 Jul 2015 22:20:02 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-07-05 20:52:34 +0000, said:

[...]

No, but it doesn't concern me. When I want to add a photo to DB, I
open Dropbox.com and add it. DB shows up on my iPad whether or not
I'm connected, so that's a good thing.

Do they show up in the desktop DB web browser interface?

...and are you at least trying the CC set up?

Not yet, if you mean Cloud storage. Dropbox suffices at the moment.

Yes and OK. It is just that it is another resorce that you are paying for.

Also, independent of Adobe Cloud storage, with Lightroom Mobile on your
iPad you can sync collections between desktop and iPad.

I have other projects that are time consuming and things like this
aren't high on my priority list.

....er, OK!

Savageduck

Old July 6th 15, 07:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 5, 2015, TonyCooper wrote
(in ):

On 2015-07-05 21:02:54 +0000,

On 2015-07-05 20:52:34 +0000, said:

[...]

Yep. The only problem I have is that the DB folder on C: is not
synched, so the photos at Dropbox.com are not shown in there. I don't
have the time or the inclination to figure out how to change that. I
really don't need it changed, but will get around to it.

Since you are living with it that is OK, I guess. It is just that you seemed
to want it fixed earlier today.

...and are you at least trying the CC set up?

Not yet, if you mean Cloud storage. Dropbox suffices at the moment.

Yes and OK. It is just that it is another resorce that you are paying for.

Well, I'm paying for health insurance, auto insurance, and life
insurance, but have no intention of getting my money's worth out of
those resources at the moment.

It is just that there is more to the CC than having PS and LR to play with.

Also, independent of Adobe Cloud storage, with Lightroom Mobile on your
iPad you can sync collections between desktop and iPad.

I have no interest in using LR Mobile and using LR on my iPad.

Neither am I for editing. I would have to be a little desperate to edit on my
iPad. However, syncing various collections can give you a useful portfolio
with slideshow capability, as well as another way of sharing online from the
desktop LR.
http://adobe.ly/1TfsPmL