Images from New England fall 2005

Old October 23rd 05, 06:45 PM
Bill Hilton

Default Images from New England fall 2005

Recently returned from almost 3 weeks in N.E. ... pretty disappointing
trip because of the weather and lack of vibrant colors ... the first
week (White Mountains of New Hampshire) it was very hot, typically
82-85 F for the highs compared to the usual 55 F. Mt. Washington
reported the highest Oct temps in history for example ... this heat and
earlier summer drought meant many trees dropped leaves, some changed to
brown or bland yellow, and only a few changed to reds and oranges,
which is what we were after. Managed to find a couple of spots for
moose and a loon pair (chick and adult) but not much else this first
week.

Then a cold front moving across the Rockies and Great Plains slammed
into bands of moisture spun off by tropical storms and hurricanes from
the south and around Oct 8 the rains began, dropping record amounts
across the areas we were in and flooding rivers and some bridges. We
spent most of this period in Maine between Millinocket and Greenville,
then to Acadia, with little to show for it.

Anyway, here are some of the shots we managed to get ... click on the
image to go to a page of thumbnails ...

http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/fc2005/loon_T4349.htm

Bill

Old October 26th 05, 12:15 AM
gll

Very Nice Bill, we must have been in Grand Tetons about the same time cause
we got 4 outta 6 days rain.
not near as many keepers.
laters
Gary

oups.com...

Old October 28th 05, 02:09 AM
Canon F1 via PhotoKB.com

gll wrote:
Very Nice Bill, we must have been in Grand Tetons about the same time cause
we got 4 outta 6 days rain.
not near as many keepers.
laters
Gary

Recently returned from almost 3 weeks in N.E. ... pretty disappointing
trip because of the weather and lack of vibrant colors ... the first

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]

Bill

I live 110 miles from Grande Teton NP and even closer to some "sleeper" areas
here in Idaho. We did have a wonderful fall after a time. You are right,
early on, it did rain and even snow up in the forests but after that, we had
a 3 week run of nice weather and scattered clouds to grace our shots.

You get out this way for any reason, look me up. I can show you around to
some neat places that are not on the "photgrapher's map". My wife and I went
through a fair bit of Velvia and have some neat shots. If I can get them
scanned, i will post a few.

F1