K-M 7D A/S test

Old May 8th 05, 06:21 PM
Alan Browne

Default K-M 7D A/S test

Quickly done and I didn't push trying for the greatest stability.

http://www.aliasimages.com/KM7D_AS_Test.htm

Shot with a 100mm lens at 1/25s @ f/22. Manually refocused between each
shot.

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 8th 05, 06:36 PM
Walt Hanks

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Quickly done and I didn't push trying for the greatest stability.

http://www.aliasimages.com/KM7D_AS_Test.htm

Shot with a 100mm lens at 1/25s @ f/22. Manually refocused between each
shot.

Cheers,
Alan.

Thanks Alan. That was a good illustration.

Since you say the IS/VR method is better, I wonder what the same seen with a
Nikon VR or Canon IS lens would look like? Do you know anyone who could
loan you their equipment for the comparison?

Walt

Old May 8th 05, 07:07 PM
Alan Browne

Walt Hanks wrote:

Thanks Alan. That was a good illustration.

Since you say the IS/VR method is better, I wonder what the same seen with a
Nikon VR or Canon IS lens would look like? Do you know anyone who could
loan you their equipment for the comparison?

You're welcome.

I think if you google around you'll find similar tests. I will bet that
there will be such links in response to my test. Of course there will
be better images which will force me to go out and get better images by
doing a better hand holding job. That was with two strong cups of
coffee in me (70% dark columbian + 30% espresso and rich mix); photos
shot in less than 5 minutes.

The only folks I know with IS lenses would lend me their wife for a week
of decadence before lending me their cameras/lenses.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 8th 05, 07:45 PM
Musty

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Quickly done and I didn't push trying for the greatest stability.

http://www.aliasimages.com/KM7D_AS_Test.htm

Shot with a 100mm lens at 1/25s @ f/22. Manually refocused between each
shot.

Cheers,
Alan.

Wow, the difference is basically the difference between the "recycle bin"
and a keeper. I hope to have my 70-200 f/2.8 IS by end of next week, at
which time I will try and repeat this experiment with a stop sign near my
house.

Musty.

Old May 9th 05, 09:27 PM
Alan Browne

I've added two columns of photos so that:

First two columns are shot at 2.7 stops slower than rule of thumb speed.
(without and with AS)

Third column is at 2 stops slower than rule-of-thumb, with AS on. Great
improvement. I really think this validates AS as a "2 stop" capability
and they look pretty much as good as the tripod shot.

Fourth column is at 'rule of thumb' speed, without AS. Looks like I
need to work out and increase my arm strenght!

(Note that all of these images are 100%, unsharpened crops from a
3008x2000 pixel image).

Thank you Cody for the list of IS/VRlenses. I thought Nikon had only 3
or 4 VRs.

Cheers,
Alan.

http://www.aliasimages.com/KM7D_AS_Test.htm

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Not convinced of one test case D2X vs. EOS-1Ds MkII... ThomasH 35mm Photo Equipment 12 March 5th 05 07:01 PM
test strips for large enlargements John Bartley In The Darkroom 31 January 31st 05 12:32 PM
My test of the Canon 10-22 zoom. jerry_tig2003 Digital SLR Cameras 0 November 19th 04 10:12 AM
test Juhan Leemet Digital Photography 2 July 20th 04 02:33 AM
Develper for Delta-100 Frank Pittel In The Darkroom 8 March 1st 04 04:36 PM