[SI] Note on file naming conventions.

Old March 10th 11, 05:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LOL![_3_]

Default [SI] Note on file naming conventions.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:34:24 -0800, Paul Furman
wrote:

LOL! wrote:
Paul Furmanwrote:
shiva das wrote:

perhaps you could share the secret of killfiling someone who
continually posts from different IP addresses.

I used to filter on " in the Message-ID, which just means his
new client is Forte Agent... though there are a few others so it's a
blanket approach, I'd just mark them as read and flag in a color so it's
easy to ignore the replies and spot other Agent users. Thunderbird
couldn't filter on that last I checked so I was using some other proxy
server setup... kind of a mess :-)

Nothing more fun

Heh, it works with the new version of Thunderbird, create a custom
header field "Message-ID" and filter on ", mark read, add
another line and add a star.

Really? How's that working out? Making yourself even more ignorant to
attain your bliss of self-induced ignorance, by poking your own eyes out.
No wonder your photography is no better than Blind Dudley's. I bet you even
listen to people far more intelligent than you by sticking your fingers in
your ears while humming Row Row Row Your Boat too.

LOL!

Old March 10th 11, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank ess[_2_]

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
SneakyP wrote:
The 'thing' you replied to was the Sybil P&S troll*. It uses many nyms,
but
don't even bother using that as a killfile entry.

Nyms (name + email address) work pretty well --- the slime just
isn't very inventive and I see a few of it's posts only
a) when someone replies to it (and I make a point to look up
and laugh at what the slime slimed out)
b) about every 2 months, when the slime is inventive enough to
rub it's chemically imbalanced braincells together and create
a new name. Probably whenever it's taken it's pills for 2
weeks straight.

It also is very safe against false positives.

-Wolfgang

You can get help for your apostrophe problem.

Old March 11th 11, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
SneakyP[_3_]

Paul Furman wrote in
:

LOL! wrote:
Paul Furmanwrote:
shiva das wrote:

perhaps you could share the secret of killfiling someone who
continually posts from different IP addresses.

I used to filter on " in the Message-ID, which just means his
new client is Forte Agent... though there are a few others so it's a
blanket approach, I'd just mark them as read and flag in a color so
it's easy to ignore the replies and spot other Agent users.
Thunderbird couldn't filter on that last I checked so I was using some
other proxy server setup... kind of a mess :-)

Nothing more fun

Heh, it works with the new version of Thunderbird, create a custom
header field "Message-ID" and filter on ", mark read, add
another line and add a star.

It's a bit more complicated than that in mine, but the thing is I've
revealed the juicy info earlier this year and despite that, the troll
still did *not* change a thing. It has to do with using logic statements
"and"/"or". Not giving anything away here now, though.

As much as a PIA it is:
Get yourself a proxy news server, like Hamster, enter the logical
arguments to score the troll who's spewing vitriol, scoring to any
arbitrary negative number. Aim your news reader at Hamster to fetch the
articles. Viola!- no more morphing troll to worry about in your news
viewer. No matter what name the troll takes, it's gone: 'buh-bye'.

Additionally, there's a way to kill off all responses to the troll. It's
a neat trick. Go to the newsgroup on Hamster newsreader and read some
more useful killfiling techniques.

But like you suggest too, with or without hamster, one could make negative
scores big and then make it add to the thread so that responders can't
overcome the negative cumulative score of the thread. Xnews does this
quite handily.

If anyone knows of any easier method, please state so.

--
__
SneakyP

Supernews, if you get a complaint from a Jamie Baillie, please see:
http://www.canadianisp.ca/jamie_baillie.html
Old March 11th 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LOL![_3_]

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:49:07 -0600, SneakyP
wrote:

Paul Furman wrote in
m:

LOL! wrote:
Paul Furmanwrote:
shiva das wrote:

[...]

Ah, the joys of someone working so hard to poke their own eyes out because
they are feeling so threatened by FACTS.

LOL!

Old March 11th 11, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Note on file naming conventions.

On 2011-03-10 19:14:06 -0800, Noons said:

On Mar 11, 11:49*am, SneakyP
wrote:

articles. * Viola!- no more morphing troll to worry about in your news

There you go! Like so many single language anglo-saxons, you don't
have a clue how to write in a foreign language.

It's VOILA!, moron. NOT viola!

Well that depends on which part of "Nu Jooisy" SP hails from.

Savageduck

Old March 11th 11, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

Remmy Martin wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:23:15 -0500, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

My photos aren't perfect, but I'm here to learn like most everyone
else. You are a hinderance and a discouragement

If there's one thing that truly needs to be done, it is to discourage
those who have shown zero talent and zero improvement in well over a
year. Why make the rest of the world suffer by encouraging those who
will never have a chance in hell of ever creating anything worth
looking at. And why on earth would anyone want to post their photos
to a resource that has been proved and is now well-known to welcome
submission from known photo-thieves? Are you just a photo-thief as
well? What's the point if you are? To see who can find and steal the
best photos? (Proving that none of you have a talented eye for this
craft. Even if stolen, they're still crapshots.)

The rest of you seeking accolades for your crapshots should just do
what "mmyvusenet" does. Post you crapshots to Flickr. You'll get all
the praise and "awards" you've ever wanted. Go forth and feel good
about your total lack of any talent.

It is impossible to post any shots, crap or not, to
rec.photo.equipment.35mm. You have to post them on some website first, and
then put the link here. So, if you don't like the shots, then why, exactly,
do you go to the link? If I don't like a store, I simply don't go in and
spend my money there. I don't petition the rest of society to boycott
them.....

Old March 11th 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On 3/10/2011 7:49 PM, SneakyP wrote:
Paul wrote in
:

LOL! wrote:
Paul Furmanwrote:
shiva das wrote:

[...]

Yes. Don't read and/or reply.
Old March 12th 11, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter N[_3_]

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:28:14 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:
Well that depends on which part of "Nu Jooisy" SP hails from.

Fergetaaboudit. Ain't woithit.

--
from my Droid
Old March 12th 11, 11:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Noons

On 2011-03-10 19:14:06 -0800, Noons said:

On Mar 11, 11:49 am, SneakyP
wrote:

articles. Viola!- no more morphing troll to worry about in your news

There you go! Like so many single language anglo-saxons, you don't
have a clue how to write in a foreign language.

It's VOILA!, moron. NOT viola!

Well that depends on which part of "Nu Jooisy" SP hails from.

The way he goes on about it, it'd be "Nu Jioosy"...
Old March 12th 11, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

On 2011-03-10 19:14:06 -0800, Noons said:

On Mar 11, 11:49 am, SneakyP
wrote:

articles. Viola!- no more morphing troll to worry about in your news

There you go! Like so many single language anglo-saxons, you don't
have a clue how to write in a foreign language.

It's VOILA!, moron. NOT viola!

Well that depends on which part of "Nu Jooisy" SP hails from.

The way he goes on about it, it'd be "Nu Jioosy"...

Or like on the old Saturday Night Live with Joe Piscopo: "I'm from Joisey!
Are you from Joisey?"