Shoot-In comments (Road Less Travelled)

Old July 26th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Goodbye Children

Default Shoot-In comments (Road Less Travelled)

On , Alienjones wrote:
[. . . ]

Why do you think there were 250 entries for "Visual Pollution"
in DPreview's challenges and eight for the last shootin? ****
mate I'd hate to thing what would happen if you ever figured
out what motivates people.

I have been following this site for a while, I had two submissions for the
road less travelled, but was unable to post them in time due to illness.

Having looked at the squabbling that has been going on I shall no longer
bother with the site.

Goodbye children!!

Old July 27th 09, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_28_]

* Goodbye Children wrote :
On , Alienjones wrote:
[. . . ]

Why do you think there were 250 entries for "Visual Pollution"
in DPreview's challenges and eight for the last shootin? ****
mate I'd hate to thing what would happen if you ever figured
out what motivates people.

I have been following this site for a while, I had two submissions for the
road less travelled, but was unable to post them in time due to illness.

Having looked at the squabbling that has been going on I shall no longer
bother with the site.

Goodbye children!!

If you're serious, please don't be discouraged by the few
"squabblers". The more participants, the higher the signal to
noise ratio

PS - I've had some equipment issues of late, but now all sorted
so looking forward to participating again myself.

--
Troy Piggins
Old July 27th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Goodbye Children wrote :

I have been following this site for a while, I had two submissions for the
road less travelled, but was unable to post them in time due to illness.

Having looked at the squabbling that has been going on I shall no longer
bother with the site.

Goodbye children!!

If you're serious, please don't be discouraged by the few
"squabblers". The more participants, the higher the signal to
noise ratio

Exactly. There was a nice set of comments & replies, then the
non-participants jumped in & squabbled, which is pretty much meaningless
and easily ignored. If Jesus Christ, Mohamed, the Buddha and Carl Sagan
jointly administered the thing, there would still be bitching & moaning g.

www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Old July 30th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On 26 Jul 2009 13:33:19 -0000, Goodbye Children wrote:
: On , Alienjones wrote:
: [. . . ]
:
: Why do you think there were 250 entries for "Visual Pollution"
: in DPreview's challenges and eight for the last shootin? ****
: mate I'd hate to thing what would happen if you ever figured
: out what motivates people.
:
: I have been following this site for a while, I had two submissions for the
: road less travelled, but was unable to post them in time due to illness.
:
: Having looked at the squabbling that has been going on I shall no longer
: bother with the site.
:
: Goodbye children!!

Should we care? Who the hell *are* you? Is your writing style so recognizable
that we should be able to identify you despite your cloak of anonymity?

Bob
Old July 30th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:41:08 +1000, Troy Piggins
wrote:
: * Goodbye Children wrote :
: On , Alienjones wrote:
: [. . . ]
:
: Why do you think there were 250 entries for "Visual Pollution"
: in DPreview's challenges and eight for the last shootin? ****
: mate I'd hate to thing what would happen if you ever figured
: out what motivates people.
:
: I have been following this site for a while, I had two submissions for the
: road less travelled, but was unable to post them in time due to illness.
:
: Having looked at the squabbling that has been going on I shall no longer
: bother with the site.
:
: Goodbye children!!
:
: If you're serious, please don't be discouraged by the few
: "squabblers". The more participants, the higher the signal to
: noise ratio

Or not.

: PS - I've had some equipment issues of late, but now all sorted
: so looking forward to participating again myself.

Good. I was wondering where you were.

Bob
Old July 30th 09, 06:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On 26 Jul 2009 13:33:19 -0000, Goodbye Children
wrote:
: On , Alienjones wrote:
:
[...]

I think you will find that people who post a "Goodbye" to a news group only
do it to troll, best to just ignore it because the reality is that they hang
around like stink on ****, waiting for responses so they can masturbate in
self congratulatory bliss at a successful troll. :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]