Please rate my photography skills

Old January 2nd 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Default Please rate my photography skills

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:51:13 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
wrote in
:

I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

--
Very best wishes for the holiday season and for the coming new year,
John
Old January 2nd 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John Navas
wrote:

I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.
Old January 2nd 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 20:22:43 -0800, nospam wrote
in :

In article , John Navas
wrote:

I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.

Way less than here.

Old January 2nd 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John Navas
wrote:

You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

plenty of ranting and flaming over there too.

Way less than here.

i don't know what forums you read over there but the signal/noise ratio
there is much worse than here (other than the p&s troll). there are
plenty of idiotic flames, generally fueled by rabid fanbois and quite a
bit of shilling as well.
Old January 2nd 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:31:26 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
wrote:

Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
picture taking... any suggestions? or try:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839

MySpace is not a photo host. People aren't going to register for that
to view your photographs. Google for an image host or photo host.
There are dozens of free ones out there.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 2nd 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
savvo

On 2009-01-02, John Navas wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 18:51:13 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
wrote in
:

I would really like to know what everyone thinks about my skills as a
photographer... I really love photography but have no formal training.
I am really interested in what everyone thinks about them...

You've come to the wrong place. What you'll mostly get here is ranting
and flaming. Try the DPReview Forums.

You could always try a little more restraint, John.

--
savvo orig. invib. man
Old January 3rd 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:31:26 -0800 (PST), RiverMan wrote:

Sorry... don't know where to post pic's otherwise. I am very much into
picture taking... any suggestions? or try:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839

This still requires a login. The previous link to your recent
SX10 photos worked without requiring a login. Below is the above
link and one of the SX10 links :

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...d-1d059526d839
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=455347

You'll have to provide a link that uses the "friendID" instead of
"MyToken", because that probably only works on your computer, and
I'm guessing that it's based on using one of the "cookies" that your
web browser has saved for you.

Old January 3rd 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 20:56:59 -0800 (PST), RiverMan
wrote in
:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...er.editAlbums&...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...er.viewPicture...

* You'll have to provide a link that uses the "friendID" instead of
"MyToken", because that probably only works on your computer, and
I'm guessing that it's based on using one of the "cookies" that your
web browser has saved for you.

Cool... thanks for the tip. I'll look for a photo host. I used to use
the Kodak photo album but didn't like it very much.

For a good free site, check out http://www.myphotoalbum.com/

--
Best regards,
John