What life changing moments,do you wish you had photographed much better and why ?

Old December 17th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Brian[_9_]

Default What life changing moments,do you wish you had photographed much better and why ?

A unusual question Colin, I wonder why you ask this question. Maybe
you can start the ball rolling by telling us of a life-changing moment
that you have experienced.

Regards Brian

Colin wrote:

What (serious or humorous) past or present life-changing moments
you've experienced so far, would you most like to have (or have had)
professionally captured on film properly or much better, that for some
reason you didn't, or if you did or anyone did so for you, it was done
in a very mediocre manner for some reason and please say why, for
anything mentioned.

Old December 18th 08, 11:31 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Clive Baxter

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:30:54 +1200, Brian wrote:

A unusual question Colin, I wonder why you ask this question.

So he can find another niche to pander to, other than becoming just another lame
wedding or graduation photographer? Then becoming just another commercialized
rote & role photographer of another sort. This way he can get the ideas from
others without admitting he's going to open a business geared to that role.
Someone who has always lacked creativity must depend on the creativity of
others.

On the other hand, I think it would be fun to do group-shot captures of the
expressions on every stock-brokers' + clients' faces as all their life's work
disappeared into nothingness right before their very eyes. Their harsh awakening
from the myth that their own society's values beguiled upon them. After all,
money only has as much value as you believe it to have. Stop believing in it and
currency just becomes what it has always been, pre-ruined paper. Nothing but a
waste of good rag-bond paper, now worth less than the more useful original blank
paper. I suppose you could bleach them all out to make them useful again. A nice
stack of rag-bond Post-It notes with a "WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?" printed in the top
margin. :-)

This would be a nice way to photographically document the ending of the
relatively modern money-myth that is destined to evolve into the next era of
human invented myth. People can't live without myth, it's a requirement of the
species. Religion myths die, money myths die, nationalism myths die ... what
shall they all psychotically worship next ...

Old December 18th 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Navas[_2_]

Sounds like a homework assignment.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:30:54 +1200, Brian wrote in
:

--
Best regards,
John
Old December 18th 08, 11:12 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Thomas True

Colin wrote:

What (serious or humorous) past or present life-changing moments
you've experienced so far, would you most like to have (or have had)
professionally captured on film properly or much better, that for some
reason you didn't, or if you did or anyone did so for you, it was done
in a very mediocre manner for some reason and please say why, for
anything mentioned.

I was in an ice storm taking pictures for a newspaper I was working for
and I heard a loud Crack. I put my camera to my eye and shot two shots.

First was the sparks flying and the second was the wire whipping away
from the transformer. This was film. I had to wait until power was
restored 2 says later to see what I got. it is one of my favorite
"lucky" shots.

http://home.swbell.net/nftrue/pages/explosion.htm