Canon 40D vs Nikon D300 Comparison

Old September 14th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gino[_2_]

Default Canon 40D vs Nikon D300 Comparison

To be honest, the lenses I am using suit my needs, however they may not be
for you, depending on what you want to shoot and budget.

Lens choice is pretty unique to the individual photographer, because lenses
are just tools to get what you want. Of course, if you are a beginner then
a kit lens is a starting point.

Sorry for being vague, but I have no idea what you want to shoot, your skill
level or budget.

"MokiDuck" wrote in message

Yes you are right I think. So I'm gonna buy a 40D and a compatible
good quality lens with it. Thank you all very much... By the way have
you got any suggestions about the lens??

Old September 14th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PixelPix

On Sep 14, 8:16 am, "Charles" wrote:
Looking at the specs, there is only one Nikon item that I would like on
the 40D and that is ISO 6400. Although, I would be interested to see the
noise levels of shots taken at ISO 6400.

Me too!

Remember not to just look at the noise levels, but look at the amount
of detail as well. It is easy to produce a noise free image, but a
lot harder to produce one that retains good detail. This has been (in
my personal opinion) one of the issues with the Nikons to date, in
that detail was sacrificed in order to reduce the noise levels.

The latest official D3 samples from Nikon look like they have turned
that around somewhat (at least with the full frame D3) with 3200/6400
being much lower in noise and holding greater details than earlier
models, but to me the images look a bit "plastic". Having said that,
never trust an online sample image 100%, as you never know the process
that has been applied. So always judge a cameras image quality on your
own test images that have been process by your own hand.

Cheers

Rusty

Old September 17th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

Yes you are right I think. So I'm gonna buy a 40D and a compatible
good quality lens with it. Thank you all very much... By the way have
you got any suggestions about the lens??

I'll suggest the efs 17-85 as a starter lens.

Old September 18th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randal L. Schwartz

"Charles" == Charles writes:

Charles Yes you are right I think. So I'm gonna buy a 40D and a compatible
Charles good quality lens with it. Thank you all very much... By the way have
Charles you got any suggestions about the lens??

Charles I'll suggest the efs 17-85 as a starter lens.

That's a good lens and combo. I shot most of
http://www.flickr.com/photos/randal-...7602026246368/ with
that.

URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/
Old September 18th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"Randal L. Schwartz" wrote in message
"Charles" == Charles writes:

Charles Yes you are right I think. So I'm gonna buy a 40D and a
compatible
Charles good quality lens with it. Thank you all very much... By the way
have
Charles you got any suggestions about the lens??

Charles I'll suggest the efs 17-85 as a starter lens.

That's a good lens and combo. I shot most of
http://www.flickr.com/photos/randal-...7602026246368/ with
that.

Some very nice shots! Thanks for sharing.

Old September 18th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Not Disclosed

MokiDuck wrote:
Hi all. I'm new to the group. I wanted to share the comparison 40D and
D300 with you all. I was looking to buy a D300. But then I read about
the comparison and thought D300 is not so necessary for me. What do
you think about that? I'm afraid of buying wrong cam for me
so...Should I give 500$ more and buy D300 or 40D is enough? By the way
you can find the comparison in this site;

http://photolectic.com/reviews/dslr/...ikon-d300.html

Regards

The Canon 40D is more like the Nikon D200 than the D300.