Renting Lenses

Old September 11th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
BRH

Default Renting Lenses

I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent lenses out? If not where would I find a
place to rent from?

Camera is a Nikon D80, if that matters.

Thanks.
Old September 11th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

BRH wrote:

I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent lenses out? If not where would I find a
place to rent from?

Camera is a Nikon D80, if that matters.

Pro camera shops rent to pros who have specific needs. Calumet is one
such national chain. Online places like rentglass.com are less expensive
and tend to rent by the week rather than by the day.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net
Old September 11th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

BRH wrote:
I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent lenses out? If not where would I find a
place to rent from?

Camera is a Nikon D80, if that matters.

Nikon are amongst the easiest pro lenses to find for rental in most
large cities. Some services will courier the lens(es) to you.

You do have to put down a deposit (equal to the value), usually on a CC;
and/or provide proof of insurance that will cover it (in turn you may
need to get an explicit certificate from your ins. co.)

http://dallascamera.com/files/rentalfilm.pdf

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old September 11th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:06:30 -0400, BRH wrote:

I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent lenses out? If not where would I find a
place to rent from?

Camera is a Nikon D80, if that matters.

Location matters more. If you're in NYC, saunter over to Adorama.
If not, you could check their website if only to see what going
rental fees might be. www.adorama.com

Old September 11th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ilaab

BRH wrote in message . ..
I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent lenses out? If not where would I find a
place to rent from?

Camera is a Nikon D80, if that matters.

Thanks.

I know Samy's does.

http://www.samys.com/rentals.php

Ilaab

Old September 11th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

BRH wrote in message
. ..
Gino wrote:
What country?

BRH wrote in message
. ..

I've seen a number of posts alluding to renting lenses for your
DSLR.

Do most camera stores rent lenses out? If not where would I find
a place to rent from?

Camera is a Nikon D80, if that matters.

Thanks.

USA

If you are seeking help locating a place where you might rent lenses
don't you think you need to provide minimum information?
At least tell us what camera you need your lens for and your specific
geographic location. Chicago, New York, Podunk?

Old September 11th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
just bob

Try renting online?

I have used these guys several times.

http://www.lensrentals.com/category/nikon-rentals

The advantage I have found is for the same price of a two or three days I
can rent for a week online from these guys. The way it works out is you get
the lens for at least seven full days, so if it arrives on say the first of
the month, you've go until anytime before the USPS office closes on the 9th
to return the lens. My second time using them was just last month and the
lens arrived on a Friday and I didn't ship it back until a week from Monday
as couldn't ship back on a Sunday. I was very pleased because I really
needed it for that entire second weekend and I had that whole week prior to
learn it.

Old September 11th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

just bob wrote:

Try renting online?

I have used these guys several times.

http://www.lensrentals.com/category/nikon-rentals

The advantage I have found is for the same price of a two or three days I
can rent for a week online from these guys. The way it works out is you get
the lens for at least seven full days, so if it arrives on say the first of
the month, you've go until anytime before the USPS office closes on the 9th
to return the lens. My second time using them was just last month and the
lens arrived on a Friday and I didn't ship it back until a week from Monday
as couldn't ship back on a Sunday. I was very pleased because I really
needed it for that entire second weekend and I had that whole week prior to
learn it.

Some interesting ones there like the Nikon 14mm f2.8, Nikon 135mm f2.0
AF DC and Nikon 180mm f2.8 for around $80/week. The Nikon 200-400 f4 VR
is $300 though, ouch.

Better prices he http://www.rentglass.com/shop.aspx?type=Nikon
but I heard their waiting list makes it tough to find things.
Nikon 16mm f/2.8D AF Fisheye $42/week with cheapest shipping. Same for
the Nikon 180mm f/2.8

Here's another; http://www.ziplens.com/nikon_s/2.htm
They have the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for $25 plus whatever the shipping is?

Nobody seems to have crazy stuff like the 58mm noct or 28mm f/1.4

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net