Seek 120-volt timer capable of 3 minutes

Old February 27th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Seek 120-volt timer capable of 3 minutes

[I posted this on this newsgroup because someone suggested
to me that a darkroom timer would do the trick, but I haven't yet
located an appropriate model.]

My plug-in popcorn popper takes three minutes to make
popcorn, and when it's done, I turn it off manually.

I want to plug the popper into a timer which is itself plugged
into the wall and to set the timer to turn off the popper
after 3 minutes.

I'm sure that a timer like this exists, but I haven't found one so
far on the Internet. Can you point me to such a timer?

**********
1366294709

Old February 27th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote in message
ups.com...
[I posted this on this newsgroup because someone suggested
to me that a darkroom timer would do the trick, but I haven't yet
located an appropriate model.]

My plug-in popcorn popper takes three minutes to make
popcorn, and when it's done, I turn it off manually.

I want to plug the popper into a timer which is itself plugged
into the wall and to set the timer to turn off the popper
after 3 minutes.

I'm sure that a timer like this exists, but I haven't found one so
far on the Internet. Can you point me to such a timer?

**********
1366294709

Cheapest solution:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...9133&cc item=

or google "spring wound timer"

Old February 27th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote

My plug-in popcorn popper takes three minutes to make
popcorn, and when it's done, I turn it off manually.

I want to plug the popper into a timer which is itself plugged
into the wall and to set the timer to turn off the popper
after 3 minutes.

There are lots of timers like this available. The only caveat is to
check the amperage rating of the timer and the current requirement
of your popper. The current rating will be stamped on the timer.
Many of these timers are still in production and the manufacturer's
web page should have the specifications.

ebay is the place to look, although a wtb advert on
rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom should bring a response.

If you are bottom feeding then try, for instance:
ebay item 7592752578
7594502902

Search for 'Mark Time' - they are the cheapest on the market.
Most are 60 second timers, but some are 10/30/60 minute units.
Don't pay much over $4.99 for one. Repeatability on these isn't
going to be much better than +/- 15 seconds.

Next are the GraLab and Time-O-Lite: both are very nice timers
just to have around the house. Prices are $5 to $60 and vary
for no apparent reason. Either of these is good to better
than +/- 1 second.

ebay 7592812846
7593236351

Many of the Time-O-Lite's have a 'repeat' feature where you just press a
button to get the same time again.

As suggested, try Grainger and McMaster-Carr - but be
prepared to spend a lot more money.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com
Old February 28th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Gralab 300, 168, 171, 167 all time various intervals. All available from
that auction site. Features vary per model, I use them in my kitchen as
well as in the darkroom.
--
darkroommike

ups.com...