Kodak Dx6490 and Vivitar 6490 external flash

Old July 26th 04, 07:48 PM
Ron Baird

Default Kodak Dx6490 and Vivitar 6490 external flash

Greetings Zxcvar,

The camera will allow for a simple flash connection. Actually, any standard
portable or studio electronic flash unit that works with 35mm or medium
format film cameras can connect to the KODAK Digital cameras we have offered
with this capability, i.e. Models DC260, DC265, DC290 DC4800, and currently
the DX6490 KODAK Zoom Digital Cameras. Connect the flash unit to the camera
using a standard sync-cord, which is supplied with many flash units or
readily available where the flash unit is purchased.

Some flash units may require a sync-cord adapter to properly connect to the
KODAK Digital Camera. Check with your photo supply retailer or the
manufacturer of your flash unit. KODAK does not sell sync-cords or cord
adapters. Also, remember that even though the flash may have camera to
flash communication options the simple connection we provide will not work
with them.

Talk to you soon, Zxcvar,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"zxcvar" wrote in message
Greetings! I need to use an external flash with my Kodak Dx 6490. Are
there any problems if I use Vivitar DF200 external flash with this
camera? With thanks.