Question about Canon AE-1

Old July 28th 12, 07:55 PM
gatogordo gatogordo is offline
Junior Member

Default Question about Canon AE-1

I found a Canon AE-1 at a local anitque shop that was extremely clean. Only issue was the viewfinder had a hole in the left hand corner, not in the way. I put a new battery in it and it all seems to work. I have run 3 rolls of film and have got some good pictures. The only issue is the self-timer lamp stays on all the time. It does go off when you hit the battery tester. It also doesn't blink when the self-timer is on. But the self-timer works. I found 2 different manuals and they don't say the light is suppose to be on, and I have scoured the internet looking for an answer. Anybody have an answer, I would appreciate it.

Thanks