SHOOT-IN UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

Old April 4th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default SHOOT-IN UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:
: Well folks, there will be some new changes here starting today.
: I have taken back control of the Shoot-In and Alan Browne has been
: fired for incompetence, as well as impotence.
: As you probably know, I was the one who originally started the Shoot-
: In under my Lisa Horton alias.
: "Lisa" quickly tired of it (actually, I tired of posting as her) so I
: took it over in my name. Then I built it up to spectacular heights
: and turned it over to a few ****ups who ran it into the ground. Well
: that all ends today.
:
: Alan Browne has proven that he isn't fit to run such a simple exercise
: so he is not only fired, but banned from all future mandates. Same
: goes for that previous penis wrinkle, Bowser. Also, I have taken on a
: new benefactor (we shall just call her "Ms. H") who promises to fund
: the entire endeavor, so special thanks to Ms. H for the $23 a year to
: Pbase. To show my thanks to her, I am incorporating her initial into
: the name so from this point forward the Shoot-In shall be known as the
: SHI.
:
: Also, my good friends Noons and Tony Polson have promised to not only
: contribute to the SHI, but will be judging it from this point
: forward. Who knows more about SHI than these guys? Both of them have
: keen eyes and are allegedly excellent photographers themselves, so
: their contributions will be welcome.
:
: A few changes to the format as well. From now on, all photos must
: contain proper EXIF data. The reason is because from now on, only
: photos shot with Canon cameras qualify for submission. So if you
: shoot with a Sony Mavica or a Nikon (oops, that's redundant) you need
: to sell that **** and get some real gear. We will allow off-brand,
: lower quality lenses like Sigma, however, so as not to offend the
: Australians. Of course, if you know how to fake the EXIF data, that
: works for me.
:
: Also, at least half of the mandates will be HDR shots. I'm talking
: true multiple-image HDR images, folks. I don't mean that godawful tone-
: mapped halo-infested **** that masquerades as HDR on some of the
: online photo groups. You've seen them ..... they look like something
: a drunken Professional Wedding Photographer from Brisbane would
: produce the first day he used Photomatix. No sir, only true HDR pics
: here and at least 9 exposures per shot are recommended.
:
: And none of that artsy-fartsy Black & White crap. I hate that ****!
: Henri Cartier-Bresson is dead .... get over it!
: Push that Saturation slider up to it's Rockwell setting and let's see
: some color, Rocha!
:
: Lastly, I am announcing the first mandate of the new SHI: "Bukkake"
:
: I know we have a lot of hidden talent in this group so I expect the
: quality of submissions to explode with this one. I really look
: forward to seeing what all you guys can cum up with. So let's start
: shooting tonight, everybody!
:
: -Annika ---- Totally Back in ****in Charge!!!

Thank God for the continuation of the Universe as we Know It. Today being
already the 3rd, I was seriously starting to wonder what the Hell had happened
to Bret's annual non-Papal Bull.

Bob
Old April 4th 12, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-03 18:10:04 -0700, Robert Coe said:

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:12:32 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:
: Well folks, there will ..........

Le Snip

So let's start
: shooting tonight, everybody!
:
: -Annika ---- Totally Back in ****in Charge!!!

Thank God for the continuation of the Universe as we Know It. Today being
already the 3rd, I was seriously starting to wonder what the Hell had happened
to Bret's annual non-Papal Bull.

Bob

Then you weren't looking. He actually managed to be the first out of
the gate in Chattanooga.

Savageduck

Old April 4th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Savageduck wrote,on my timestamp of 4/04/2012 12:03 PM:

Thank God for the continuation of the Universe as we Know It. Today being
already the 3rd, I was seriously starting to wonder what the Hell had happened
to Bret's annual non-Papal Bull.

Bob

Then you weren't looking. He actually managed to be the first out of the gate in
Chattanooga.

He posted from google groups.
Which was off the air for 48hrs as far as general Usenet propagation.
Yup, they are getting slack at ole google-land...
Old April 4th 12, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-04 07:01:10 -0700, Noons said:

Savageduck wrote,on my timestamp of 4/04/2012 12:03 PM:

Thank God for the continuation of the Universe as we Know It. Today being
already the 3rd, I was seriously starting to wonder what the Hell had happened
to Bret's annual non-Papal Bull.

Bob

Then you weren't looking. He actually managed to be the first out of
the gate in
Chattanooga.

He posted from google groups.
Which was off the air for 48hrs as far as general Usenet propagation.
Yup, they are getting slack at ole google-land...

I noticed.
Regardless of the actual GPS data in the EXiF, Google Maps will place
all of my shots in the middle of the Yellow Sea when viewed with Safari.
I am not sure if it is an issue with Google, Safari, or the two in combination.
....or if they are trying to tell me something regarding where they
think my shots should be.

Savageduck

Old April 5th 12, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 19:29:19 -0700 (PDT), Noons wrote:
: On Apr 5, 5:41*am, Annika1980 wrote:
:
: Even though this might have been a gag that I made up as I went along,
: the more I think about it the more I think it would be an improvement
: over the current mess that is the SHI.
:
: Wouldn't be hard to improve from such a low standard, anyway...

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who don't know the difference, carp.

Bob
Old April 5th 12, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Robert Coe wrote,on my timestamp of 5/04/2012 12:34 PM:

:
: Wouldn't be hard to improve from such a low standard, anyway...

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who don't know the difference, carp.

Those who haven't a clue, write poetry.

Old April 6th 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

: Noons wrote:
: : Wouldn't be hard to improve from such a low standard, anyway...
:
: Those who can, do.
: Those who can't, teach.
: Those who don't know the difference, carp.
:
: Those who haven't a clue, write poetry.

Poetry? Me? You flatter me, sirrah.

Bob
Old April 6th 12, 09:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

: Noons wrote:
: : Wouldn't be hard to improve from such a low standard, anyway...
:
: Those who can, do.
: Those who can't, teach.
: Those who don't know the difference, carp.
:
: Those who haven't a clue, write poetry.

Poetry? Me? You flatter me, sirrah.

Or more likely:
I wouldn't have a clue what the real stuff would read like?