Pentax 50mm A lens

Old August 3rd 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
D.M. Procida

Default Pentax 50mm A lens

Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the button on the
ring? On my 28mm ring the button is only required for the A position.

Thanks,

Daniele
Old August 3rd 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Al Reid

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message
Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the button on the
ring? On my 28mm ring the button is only required for the A position.

Thanks,

Daniele

My Pentax 50mm f/2.0 only requires the button to be pushed when moving in/out of the Auto position. This is true for all of my
lenses.

--
Al Reid

Old August 3rd 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

D.M. Procida wrote:
Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the button on the
ring? On my 28mm ring the button is only required for the A position.

I was about about to point you to The Fine Manual, but looking at
http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/p.../SMCLenses.pdf on the Pentax
corporate web site tells me that that manual really isn't of much use.

jue

Old August 3rd 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Mitchum

D.M. Procida wrote:

Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the button on the
ring? On my 28mm ring the button is only required for the A position.

The button lets you use the A setting. If the aperture ring won't go
past f/11, then it might be time for repair.

Find your lens he http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/

--
http://www.xoverboard.com/cartoons/2..._argument.html
Old August 5th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jeremy

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the button on the
ring? On my 28mm ring the button is only required for the A position.

Thanks,

Daniele

You may have been sold a defective lens. The "A" position on the 50mm lens
is just beyond f/22, and the button is pushed to allow the aperture ring to
advance to that position, and then lock it in place. If your aperture ring
does not advance beyond f/11, something is wrong.

You may want to ask the seller why this was not disclosed . . . I'd send the
lens back and buy another one without any defects. KEH.COM sells reliable
used gear.

Old August 9th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D.M. Procida

Paul Mitchum wrote:

Just got one of these from someone on eBay. Is it correct that to move
the aperture ring beyond f11 requires depression of the button on the
ring? On my 28mm ring the button is only required for the A position.

The button lets you use the A setting. If the aperture ring won't go
past f/11, then it might be time for repair.

It's pretty clear that the lock on the aperture ring mechanism is
faulty, and gets stuck just before f11. It can be moved past this by
holding down the lock button (though I can hear a metallic click as it
goes past).

The lock button should stay down until the ring is in the A position,
but it rises after f8. What are the chances of having this repaired at a
reasonable cost, or even of doing it myself?

[Followups set]

Daniele