Do you feel Lucky?

Old September 26th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

Default Do you feel Lucky?

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) wrote:

wrote:
Sales people seldom know this kind of stuff. The company i work for use
to send me to Photo Plus, I was the technical sales rep then. I've since
left and returned as simply the technical support department and mainly
do repairs and product management- I don't do shows. They guys they
actually send as sales people only look for $$$ they seldom have
technical skills.

I've never been to a professional photo show, but companies at show
I've been to are judged by the quality and price of their give away items
and the size and amount shown of the "girls" handing out things.

If can look at their face long enough to have a conversation with them, you
find out they are locals hired for the shows. :-)

The pretty ones do booths, the less pretty ones do registration and brocures
and the plain ones sell food.

At one computer show here, IBM set up an espresso bar staffed by pretty
girls. I had to wait 15 minutes in line just to get close enough to ask
one of the sales people for a brocure on a product on display, and I was
the first person to ask. :-)

Geoff.

Quite a few years back Tamron (IIRC) Had a Playboy bunny for photo shots
from some big name photographer at the booth. Can't remember his name,
later I waited 15 minutes in line for her to sign a free head shot for
me. I would wait in line for 15 minutes again

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.