ICC profile connection space

Old November 2nd 12, 08:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
Thomas Richter

Default ICC profile connection space

Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:

look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
implement the perceptual rendering intent.

Old November 2nd 12, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
Dale[_2_]

On 11/02/2012 03:57 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:

look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
implement the perceptual rendering intent.

the PCS is dependent on the intent

--
Dale
Old November 2nd 12, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
Dale[_2_]

On 11/01/2012 12:32 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Dale
wrote:

Second, gimp doesn't allow you to use a fully calibrated color workflow,
it only operates in the 8bpp "color space" your monitor seems to have.
But if that's your problem, I suggest to buy more professional software
that offers support ICC profiles.

gimp is free, and even better the upgrades are free

gimp isn't even worth free.

for free its more than a heckuva program

--
Dale
Old November 2nd 12, 02:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
Dale[_2_]

On 11/01/2012 06:01 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
Am 01.11.2012 09:53, schrieb Dale:
On 10/31/2012 03:40 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
Second, gimp doesn't allow you to use a fully calibrated color workflow,
it only operates in the 8bpp "color space" your monitor seems to have.
But if that's your problem, I suggest to buy more professional software
that offers support ICC profiles.

gimp is free, and even better the upgrades are free

I don't get you. You get what you pay for. Either gimp does what you
need to do, then use it and be quiet. Or it doesn't, but then look for
alternative solutions. *Here* nobody can help you with gimp. Wrong place
for requesting improvements.

what if linux supercedes mac and windows, then what?

photoshop doesn't have a linux version, besides gimp is free

gimp has an official IRC chatroom, who is to say they aren't lurking here?

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.gnu.org/

http://www.ubuntu.com/

--
Dale
Old November 2nd 12, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
nospam

In article , Dale
wrote:

Second, gimp doesn't allow you to use a fully calibrated color workflow,
it only operates in the 8bpp "color space" your monitor seems to have.
But if that's your problem, I suggest to buy more professional software
that offers support ICC profiles.

gimp is free, and even better the upgrades are free

gimp isn't even worth free.

for free its more than a heckuva program

not if it doesn't do what you need.
Old November 2nd 12, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
nospam

In article , Dale
wrote:

what if linux supercedes mac and windows, then what?

that's so not going to happen. anyone who thinks it's even remotely
possible is living in fantasy land.

photoshop doesn't have a linux version,

one reason of many why it won't ever happen.

besides gimp is free

so what?

gimp has an official IRC chatroom, who is to say they aren't lurking here?

that won't add the missing features.
Old November 2nd 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
Thomas Richter

Am 02.11.2012 14:01, schrieb Dale:
On 11/02/2012 03:57 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:

look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
implement the perceptual rendering intent.

the PCS is dependent on the intent

Where did you get this from??? No, it is not!
"Perceptual Reference Medium" != "Profile Connection Space".

Old November 4th 12, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.image.processing,sci.engr.color
Dale[_2_]

On 11/02/2012 02:29 PM, Thomas Richter wrote:
Am 02.11.2012 14:01, schrieb Dale:
On 11/02/2012 03:57 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:

look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
implement the perceptual rendering intent.

the PCS is dependent on the intent

Where did you get this from??? No, it is not!
"Perceptual Reference Medium" != "Profile Connection Space".

I didn't say equal, I said dependent, all intents except the absolute
colorimetric choice are dependent on the reference medium, and I believe
this means XYZ, LAB, sRGB, ProPhotoRGB, etc.

I really have no issues with gimp, I just forgot about using ProPhotoRGB
as the working space for higher gamut images and output

sorry, forget the whole thread

--
Dale