Do you avoid these area because of your DSLR?

Old June 6th 05, 11:58 PM
RichA

Default Do you avoid these area because of your DSLR?

I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?
I've even seen dust in test shots taken in camera reviews.
-Rich
Old June 7th 05, 12:22 AM
Skip M

"RichA" wrote in message
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?
I've even seen dust in test shots taken in camera reviews.
-Rich

No, I'm not. I just take cleaning the sensor as part of regular
maintenance, like cleaning lenses. I can't really pick and choose, if a
client wants a shot at the beach, that's where we go to shoot.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old June 7th 05, 08:30 AM
Pete D

"RichA" wrote in message
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?
I've even seen dust in test shots taken in camera reviews.
-Rich

What photos, where, show us oh mighty one.

Old June 7th 05, 01:16 PM
RichA

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:30:06 GMT, "Pete D" wrote:

"RichA" wrote in message
.. .
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?
I've even seen dust in test shots taken in camera reviews.
-Rich

What photos, where, show us oh mighty one.

Well, after everyone talked about the Sigma
here I checked the review in dpreview and
saw dust in one of the shots. There was also
a fellow who just went on safari who suggested
that carrying two DSLR bodies with permanent
lenses instead of changing them would be a good
idea due to chances of getting dust on the
sensor.
-Rich
Old June 7th 05, 01:43 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , RichA
wrote:

Well, after everyone talked about the Sigma
here I checked the review in dpreview and
saw dust in one of the shots. There was also
a fellow who just went on safari who suggested
that carrying two DSLR bodies with permanent
lenses instead of changing them would be a good
idea due to chances of getting dust on the
sensor.

The Sigma has more than dust problems.
Old June 7th 05, 03:23 PM
Norm Dresner

"RichA" wrote in message
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?
I've even seen dust in test shots taken in camera reviews.
-Rich

Isn't that what the new Photoshop CS2 is for?

Norm

Old June 7th 05, 03:26 PM
dylan

"RichA" wrote in message
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?
I've even seen dust in test shots taken in camera reviews.
-Rich

No , just learn to use the clone tool.

Old June 7th 05, 04:09 PM
Ben Rosengart

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:58:55 -0400, RichA wrote:
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?

I'm sure *someone* is, but not me. If the area in question is
really so flat, it's easy enough to fix in post-processing.

--
Ben Rosengart (212) 741-4400 x215
--Josh Micah Marshall
Old June 8th 05, 12:44 AM
RichA

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:09:11 +0000 (UTC), Ben Rosengart
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:58:55 -0400, RichA wrote:
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?

I'm sure *someone* is, but not me. If the area in question is
really so flat, it's easy enough to fix in post-processing.

Can lesser versions of Photoshop's $600 program do it, like
"Elements?"
-Rich
Old June 8th 05, 01:03 AM
Ben Rosengart

wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:58:55 -0400, RichA wrote:
I'm beginning to notice dust images in many shots
taken with DSLRs, specifically, large open areas like
parts of the sky or any other single-shade surfaces.
I'm wondering if anyone is consciously cropping or avoiding
such areas in order to avoid dust images?

I'm sure *someone* is, but not me. If the area in question is
really so flat, it's easy enough to fix in post-processing.

Can lesser versions of Photoshop's $600 program do it, like
"Elements?"

Yes. And the GIMP is free.

--
Ben Rosengart (212) 741-4400 x215
--Josh Micah Marshall

sensor sizes in prosumer vs inexpensive dslr cameras Terence Digital Photography 4 December 3rd 04 06:52 PM
Canon powershot ELPH muddy green tint in shadow area? peter Digital Photography 0 October 30th 04 05:21 PM
DSLR, Smaller Sensor, Smaller TTL Viewfinder? Which has the largest? Geshu Iam Digital Photography 15 August 17th 04 07:52 PM
Why go dSLR? Bob Digital Photography 69 June 27th 04 07:22 PM
Dont get a DSLR! Bob Digital Photography 0 June 23rd 04 10:58 PM