Professional Lab that provides ICC profiles?

Old June 22nd 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
louise

Default Professional Lab that provides ICC profiles?

I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
that I have adjusted in CS3.

I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
to look like. I am looking for a lab that provides good ICC
profiles so that I can adjust my image before sending it.

Recommendation?

BTW, I have tried Adorama and discovered that I could not
produce vibrancy with their profiles; I then discovered the
profiles are at least two years old which may have something
to do with it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Louise
Old June 22nd 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
simon

try

http://www.proamimaging.com/

regards Simon.

Old June 22nd 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Paseur[_3_]

I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
that I have adjusted in CS3.

In Washington, DC, you might want to contact National Geographic labs.
They take walk-in business and have counter staff that understand
photography. Another local resource is Chrome Labs in Georgetown.

You might want to contact a high-end photo school like the Brooks
Institute. Or Google search for "competition prints" - anybody that
understands competition printing is very likely to be able to help you.
Old June 23rd 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
CMS

In article ,
louise wrote:

I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
that I have adjusted in CS3.

I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
to look like. I am looking for a lab that provides good ICC
profiles so that I can adjust my image before sending it.

Recommendation?

BTW, I have tried Adorama and discovered that I could not
produce vibrancy with their profiles; I then discovered the
profiles are at least two years old which may have something
to do with it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Louise

Louise,

There is also the possibility to create the ICC profile yourself with
the new software called PerfX Prints which uses a scanner to create ICC
profile. More information at www.perfxprints.com

Louis.

Accessing profiles sam[_2_] 35mm Photo Equipment 1 March 16th 07 12:51 AM
profiles Michael Digital Photography 0 December 11th 06 11:22 AM
Epson 950 profiles Michael Digital Photography 0 December 3rd 06 11:46 AM
How to use ICM profiles? Swingman Digital Photography 5 December 23rd 05 05:34 AM
color profiles andre Digital Photography 1 November 18th 04 08:29 AM