Any program to improve pictures?

Old November 23rd 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
marktaylor196

Default Any program to improve pictures?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
talking about pictures I h
have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
Photo Shop or Picassa, which
will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
picture? Any suggestion would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Signatu http://www.mydebt-management.com

Old November 23rd 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

marktaylor196 wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
talking about pictures I h
have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
Photo Shop or Picassa, which
will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
picture? Any suggestion would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Signatu http://www.mydebt-management.com

If you can't improve them with Photoshop, they can't be improved!

Old November 23rd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

marktaylor196 wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
talking about pictures I h
have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
Photo Shop or Picassa, which
will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
picture? Any suggestion would
be much appreciated.

Are you talk about sharpness, colour, composition,
shape, tone - what do you want?

BugBear
Old November 23rd 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bmoag

If you write to CSI they will probably let you have a copy of the software
they use on the show to get detailed enlargements of faces and license
plates from tiny parts of video tape images.

Old November 23rd 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phil Wheeler

Dennis Pogson wrote:
marktaylor196 wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
talking about pictures I h
have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
Photo Shop or Picassa, which
will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
picture? Any suggestion would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Signatu http://www.mydebt-management.com

If you can't improve them with Photoshop, they can't be improved!

Wrong. Better to say "If they can't be improved
with Photoshop, they can't be improved."

Not all are equal in using Photoshop, and I am
among the worst ;-)

Phil
Old November 23rd 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phil Wheeler

bmoag wrote:
If you write to CSI they will probably let you have a copy of the software
they use on the show to get detailed enlargements of faces and license
plates from tiny parts of video tape images.

Love it! What they do is "uncredible" ;-)

Phil

Old November 24th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"marktaylor196" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
talking about pictures I h
have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
Photo Shop or Picassa, which
will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
picture? Any suggestion would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Signatu http://www.mydebt-management.com

Hi.

No program is going to improve picture quality.

An eperienced photographer might well do so using any one of a number of
programs.

Roy G

Old March 26th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
teflon

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.

I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

Old March 26th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:58:51 +0000, teflon wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.

I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.