For sale: Cleanroom chair, great for darkroom

Old November 8th 03, 10:08 PM
Steve V

Default For sale: Cleanroom chair, great for darkroom

I have a surplus cleanroom chair, NEW, unused and in sealed plastic bags. I
was going to put it on Ebay, but thought it would be more useful in a
darkroom than as an office chair. A chair like this would go for at least
$500. See this example website:
http://www.terrauniversal.com/produc...oomchair.shtml

I would let it go for MUCH less, of course. Photo of it unassembled:
http://pws.ihpc.net/ushpnet.svallee/...llee/chair.jpg
It has casters, height and backrest adjustment.

Contact me at "ihpc.net" email address below.
Thanks!
--
Email:

Old November 9th 03, 06:05 AM
Steve V

....yet namecalling to someone unfamiliar to "the rules" is widely accepted.
A simple "no for sale posts here" would suffice.

You're being not-so-subtly whacked over the head for daring to post a

for-sale
announcement on rec.photo.darkroom. Violation of the rules? Yes. Reason to
send out the Usenet police? Maybe not.

Schmuck..

"Steve V" wrote in message
I have a surplus cleanroom chair, NEW, unused and in sealed plastic

bags.
was going to put it on Ebay, but thought it would be more useful in a
darkroom than as an office chair. A chair like this would go for at

least
$500. See this example website:
http://www.terrauniversal.com/produc...oomchair.shtml

I would let it go for MUCH less, of course. Photo of it unassembled:
http://pws.ihpc.net/ushpnet.svallee/...llee/chair.jpg
It has casters, height and backrest adjustment.

Contact me at "ihpc.net" email address below.
Thanks!

--
A: Top posting!
Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Old November 9th 03, 07:41 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 11/8/2003 8:16 PM Steve V spake thus:

I don't get it...

"Steve V" wrote in message
I have a surplus cleanroom chair, NEW, unused and in sealed plastic

bags.
was going to put it on Ebay, but thought it would be more useful in a
darkroom than as an office chair. A chair like this would go for at

least
$500. See this example website:
http://www.terrauniversal.com/produc...oomchair.shtml

I would let it go for MUCH less, of course. Photo of it unassembled:
http://pws.ihpc.net/ushpnet.svallee/...llee/chair.jpg
It has casters, height and backrest adjustment.

Contact me at "ihpc.net" email address below.
Thanks!

--
A: Top posting!
Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Old November 9th 03, 08:18 AM
Tom Phillips

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 11/8/2003 8:16 PM Steve V spake thus:
I don't get it...

You're being not-so-subtly whacked over the head for daring to post a for-sale
announcement on rec.photo.darkroom. Violation of the rules? Yes. Reason to
send out the Usenet police? Maybe not.

Violation of the charter AND crossposting...

Not to mention no one I know has an office chair in their darkroom; a
lot of photographers are lucky if their darkrooms provide room enough to
stand, let alone for a chair that costs as much as a good used enlarger
and hogs as much space. Plus a certain amount of dust, fumes, and
"particles" from various powdered chemicals are omnipresent in most
darkrooms despite efforts to the contrary and a particle free
"cleanroom" chair isn't going to make any difference.

I have a $10 stool (padded) I bought a Target. Cheap but practical...

Schmuck..

"Steve V" wrote in message
I have a surplus cleanroom chair, NEW, unused and in sealed plastic

bags.
was going to put it on Ebay, but thought it would be more useful in a
darkroom than as an office chair. A chair like this would go for at

least
$500. See this example website:
http://www.terrauniversal.com/produc...oomchair.shtml

I would let it go for MUCH less, of course. Photo of it unassembled:
http://pws.ihpc.net/ushpnet.svallee/...llee/chair.jpg
It has casters, height and backrest adjustment.

Contact me at "ihpc.net" email address below.
Thanks!

--
A: Top posting!
Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Old November 9th 03, 08:40 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 11/8/2003 11:18 PM Tom Phillips spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 11/8/2003 8:16 PM Steve V spake thus:
I don't get it...

You're being not-so-subtly whacked over the head for daring to post a for-sale
announcement on rec.photo.darkroom. Violation of the rules? Yes. Reason to
send out the Usenet police? Maybe not.

Violation of the charter AND crossposting...

Not to mention no one I know has an office chair in their darkroom;

I have one--a "wheelie" one like he's selling, no less (but not "clean").
Handy to scoot between my enlarger spot and developing spot.

Plus a certain amount of dust, fumes, and
"particles" from various powdered chemicals are omnipresent in most
darkrooms despite efforts to the contrary and a particle free
"cleanroom" chair isn't going to make any difference.

That "clean" chair would become filthy within 10 minutes in my darkroom, I
guar-on-tee.

--
A: Top posting!
Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Old November 9th 03, 12:30 PM
John

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 18:38:40 -0500, "Dennis O'Connor"
wrote:

Schmuck..

Ah but you say that to all the boys !

Regards,

John S. Douglas - Photographer, Webmaster & Computer Tech
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Website --- http://www.darkroompro.com

Old November 9th 03, 02:48 PM
Dennis O'Connor

yup... my bad...