[GEN] rec.photo.digital.slr-sytems is the place for DSLR discussion

Old January 1st 05, 10:24 PM
Hugh Jorgan

You got beat up a lot at school didn't you?

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .

It's been a little over 2 months since the formation of rpd.slr-systems.

In November, there were 560 posts
December 1385

The group has reached critical mass for digital slr system discussions.

At the risk (certainty!) of drawing the ire of some, I would urge

discussions
specific to DSLR's move over to news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems .

Some ISP's (including my own, damnit) still don't carry it, I have to

access it
via an account a friend set up for me elsewhere. But that works fine.

Cheers,
Alan.

Old January 1st 05, 10:30 PM
Alan Browne

Ryadia wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...

How truely successful is the group if you have to urge people to move
over there?

Get this straight guys and gals...

Thank you for your endorsement Doug. I love your "perspective".

Happy New Year!

Old January 1st 05, 10:33 PM
Alan Browne

Hugh Jorgan wrote:

You got beat up a lot at school didn't you?

Nobody was foolish enough to try.

But do tell what prompted your question?

Old January 1st 05, 10:33 PM
Alan Browne

Old January 1st 05, 11:12 PM
Alan Browne

Ryadia wrote:

Rec.Photo. digital has served the digital photographic community well and
continues to have the broadest, most comprehensive range of digital
photographic topics of any group. Who really wants to get into a quasi
"moderated" group where freedom to discuss whatever you want about digital
photography is not just discouraged by this individual but openly policed?
Are you listning Alan? It was a wonderful place the last week on dslr. Pity
it's netcop has returned to do as he sees as his duty and make sure all you
scumbags toe the line...

Since you post in the new NG on the order of 2 or 3 times a day, I'm baffled by
your reply, above.

I agree that rpd has served the community well. Very well. So well that it now
gets some 12,000 posts a month (400/day). That's a lot to wade through when I
(and you too AFAICT) are only interested in digital slr's. That's why the new
ng was proposed: to reduce the wading.

I'm no more 'net cop' than anyone, just reminding people of boundaries and
nettiquette that is generally accepted and practiced. I've seen you defend
'bottom posting' and conscientious snipping that matter.

I'm not sure who you're calling scumbags, but that is hardly the high minded
behaviour you seem to espouse.

Again, thanks for your perspecive.

Cheers,
Alan.

Old January 1st 05, 11:16 PM
Rudy Benner

Ryadia wrote:

I'm not sure who you're calling scumbags, but that is hardly the high
minded behaviour you seem to espouse.

Again, thanks for your perspecive.

Cheers,
Alan.

I answer to that name.....

Old January 1st 05, 11:17 PM
All Things Mopar

Alan Browne commented courteously ...

At the risk (certainty!) of drawing the ire of some, I
would urge discussions specific to DSLR's move over to
news:rec.photo.digital.slr-systems .

Alan, I didn't know about this NG. Thanks for posting a
link.

I currently have a P & S but I'm always on the lookout for
what's new in DSLRs, so I'll start monitoring the other NG
now.

For my take on this thread, perhaps it would be helpful to
allow/encourage people to talk about DSLRs in the context
of "what's better, P & S or DSLR?" (or words to that
effect) here in rec.photo.digital, and take the in-depth
discussion, problems, help, etc. to slr-systems.

Wadda ya all think?

--
ATM, aka Jerry Rivers