O/T: Rose-Mary's Baby

Old November 1st 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

Default O/T: Rose-Mary's Baby

The craziest thing happened on the bus today.

Mich and I had some business to do downtown, so I hopped on the number

eight, and away we went.

As is often the case, a young mother with a baby in a stroller was there,

and as usual, Mich wanted to get his head in there and give the kid lots of

puppy kisses. I gave the mother my usual "Oh, he loves kids," and she

responded with the standard reply of, "Oh my little guy just loves puppies,"

and all seemed normal in the universe.

But everything went supernatural on the way home.

I was waiting at my usual stop by the hotel McDonald, and got on like

normal, taking note that, once again, a baby in a stroller was just behind

the driver.

Then, I felt Mich fidgeting around, and I thought he was trying to get over

to sniff the baby and give it a few of his kisses.

I started, once again, with the, "Oh, he just loves kids," but something

wasn't right. And, as the mother responded with, "Well, he doesn't seem to

like mine," I noticed he wasn't trying to get over to the baby, he was

turning his back on the kid.

Try as I might, I couldn't get him to sit properly in the aisle, he wanted

to get as far away from the kid as he could, and he wouldn't even look in

the direction of the stroller.

"He seems agitated, ... Not very happy," the kid's father chimed in, and it

was all I could do to keep from saying that he had been perfectly happy

until he met their child.

I don't know if they had their baby in a costume, but, I swear the kid was

the devil's spawn...

Happy Halloween!

Take Care,

Dudley

?

Old November 1st 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 01:48:58 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

[...]

My guess is that the second baby had a smell that the dog didn't like.
Not the diaper smell, but some chemical smell from clothing, medicine,
or baby powder. Maybe even a food smell.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old November 1st 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I've had similar, though not quite so dramatic, encounters with older kids
in colourful costumes. But, it's the first time a guide of mine has reacted
to a baby.

it's quite possible the kid was dressed up for All Hallows Eve, but I'm
sticking with my Rose-Mary's Baby narative. It makes a much more festive
tale...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old November 1st 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dale Johnson

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 04:14:33 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Perhaps you can pose your off-topic socializing anecdotes in some chat room
or forum hosted specifically for people who are lonely and desperate for
pretend internet friends.

Old November 1st 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

If you don't like, don't read...
Feel free to block my posts; you won't hurt my feelings ...

I wasn't aware we've gotten a moderator...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old November 1st 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

wrote:

[...]

It's another sock of the resident troll, nothing else...

Old November 1st 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

LOL, I never thought of that one...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old November 1st 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

wrote:

My guess is that the second baby had a smell that the dog didn't like.
Not the diaper smell, but some chemical smell from clothing, medicine,
or baby powder. Maybe even a food smell.

Or even a native organic (sweat glands or somesuch) smell, native to that
particular child. Dogs are VERY odor sensitive.

Old November 23rd 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_]

? "John Turco" ?????? ??? ??????
Dudley Hanks wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

Happy Halloween!

Take Care,

Dudley

Is Halloween a Canadian tradition, as well as an American one? If so, I
imagine that
your countryman, "RichA," dressed up as a plastic digicam!

Yes. My aunt lives in Arva, Ontario and they have all the US ethics, except
the Queen:-)

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Lemonade rose... Oh no... Not another rose photo! Douglas[_6_] 35mm Photo Equipment 0 February 19th 08 08:44 AM
A rose... Phoenix In The Darkroom 1 October 13th 07 04:49 PM
A rose... Phoenix Digital Photography 0 October 13th 07 04:01 PM
rose [email protected] Digital Photography 2 October 3rd 06 06:23 AM
Rose Siegfried Bäsler Photographing Nature 0 June 14th 04 12:30 AM