Source for Slide Film Boxes ala Kodak?

Old October 16th 03, 12:41 AM
Dan Wenz

Default Source for Slide Film Boxes ala Kodak?

Since Kodak discontinued mounting Stereo Slides, I just have them
develop my rolls and I mount them into stereo mounts. Without their
mounting service, I no longer receive the "Kodak yellow" boxes. While
there are sites that sell boxes for stereo slides storage, they are for
multiple rolls worth of slides, and I'd prefer to use one box per roll
as I have for the last 40+ years. Does anyone know of a source of the
Kodak type boxes?

Old October 16th 03, 10:08 PM
Martin Riddle

I had a similar question last year, and here was the prompt response from kodak...

Greetings Martin,

We received your email regarding boxes that hold mounted slides and
appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

A photofinishing company known as Qualex Inc., which is a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Eastman Kodak Company, manages laboratories offering KODAK
Picture Processing. Since they are the direct link to processing,
Qualex would be in the best position to assist you further. Their
toll-free number is 1-800-661-3456.

If Qualex were unable to provide a source for you, our next suggestion
would be to check libraries, bookstores or newsstands for trade
magazines, such as 'shutterbug.' These often feature advertisements
from a wide-variety of support and service providers across the
photographic industry.

We wish you the best of success with your search and thank you for
visiting the Kodak website. If you should have future questions on
Kodak products or services, please be sure to revisit our site as we are
continually adding information to enhance our service.

Sincerely,

Suzanne K
Kodak Information and Technical Support

Old October 16th 03, 11:47 PM
James Robinson

Dan Wenz wrote:

Does anyone know of a source of the Kodak type boxes?

I don't know exactly what size you need, but Light Impressions offers
some slide storage boxes that will hold up to 80 2X2 slides. Perhaps
they would do the trick?

An alternative is to find a local photo shop that processes E6
in-house. I get work done locally, and they return the slides in boxes
similar to Kodak's, but generic white in color. Perhaps such a store
might be able to obtain what you need?