Digital Viewfinder - check it out.

Old November 11th 05, 08:25 AM
Joseph Chamberlain, DDS

Default Digital Viewfinder - check it out.

Dear all:

I just saw this and thought it was really cool, specially for people who
wear glasses or situations where one can be in a position to see through the
viewfinder. Must be nice to use it at night also.

Check the digital viewfinder at:

http://www.secu-line.com/sub/bbs_not...&page=1&num=35
&keyfield=&key=&tail_ind=B

Best regards,

Joseph

---

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Old November 11th 05, 09:37 AM

Try this doc:

http://www.ephotozine.com/news/fullnews.cfm?NewsID=2442

http://www.intro2020.co.uk/pages/zigview3.htm

T.

Old November 11th 05, 09:29 PM
Cockpit Colin

The viewer part is definately cool. Out of interest though, have you seen
the Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control?

I got one and it's great - you can load up all sorts of combinations - for
example you can tell the camera to wait 47 seconds then take 5 sets of 3
second exposures, 10 seconds apart etc.

Acts as a remote shutter release too.

Old November 11th 05, 09:45 PM
Pete D

"Cockpit Colin" wrote in message
The viewer part is definately cool. Out of interest though, have you seen
the Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control?

I got one and it's great - you can load up all sorts of combinations - for
example you can tell the camera to wait 47 seconds then take 5 sets of 3
second exposures, 10 seconds apart etc.

Acts as a remote shutter release too.

Sounds cool, is that a plug in unit or IR?

Old November 11th 05, 09:54 PM
Cockpit Colin

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Cockpit Colin" wrote in message
The viewer part is definately cool. Out of interest though, have you seen
the Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control?

I got one and it's great - you can load up all sorts of combinations -
for example you can tell the camera to wait 47 seconds then take 5 sets
of 3 second exposures, 10 seconds apart etc.

Acts as a remote shutter release too.

Sounds cool, is that a plug in unit or IR?

It's plug in - works with 20D, 1D, (presumably) 5D - and a bunch of others
(but not all).

You're in NZ aren't you? If so, I can send you some details of a supplier I
use on trademe quite a lot - got mine for NZD $215 - you'd prob get if for a
fraction less.

Basic over view at ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...02394&v=glance

Cheers

Old November 11th 05, 10:34 PM
Pete D

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Cockpit Colin" wrote in message
The viewer part is definately cool. Out of interest though, have you
seen the Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control?

I got one and it's great - you can load up all sorts of combinations -
for example you can tell the camera to wait 47 seconds then take 5 sets
of 3 second exposures, 10 seconds apart etc.

Acts as a remote shutter release too.

Sounds cool, is that a plug in unit or IR?

It's plug in - works with 20D, 1D, (presumably) 5D - and a bunch of others
(but not all).

You're in NZ aren't you? If so, I can send you some details of a supplier
I use on trademe quite a lot - got mine for NZD $215 - you'd prob get if
for a fraction less.

Basic over view at ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...02394&v=glance

Cheers

Thanks mate, Aussie actually. I did go and have a look at the Amazon site
and tried to get into the Canon site, the Canon site is the biggest piece of
rubbish for a site I have seen in a long time. Some of the cable remotes are
useable on the Pentax D-SLR cameras and that interests me for use on my DS.

Cheers.

Pete D

Old November 12th 05, 12:38 AM
Eyal Lebedinsky

Joseph Chamberlain, DDS wrote:
Dear all:

I just saw this and thought it was really cool, specially for people who
wear glasses or situations where one can be in a position to see through the
viewfinder. Must be nice to use it at night also.

Check the digital viewfinder at:

http://www.secu-line.com/sub/bbs_not...ey=&tail_ind=B

Best regards,

Joseph

I looked at a few of the posted links and could not find the basic specs yet.

- What is the sensor resolution?
- What is the LCD resolution
Please give *real* colour HxV, e.g QVGA is 320x240 (76k) and *NOT* 230k
- What is the coverage
100%?
- Any optical zoom?
This will make it actually useful for focusing and regular use

Cheers