Take the digital challenge

Old May 16th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

Default Take the digital challenge

That's right!

I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make up
their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the Nikon
D3?

Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both of
these apertures?

Send submissions to

I'll post the entries, without EXIF data or any other hints on my site.
Then, guests can vote on their favourite via e-mail ballot.

What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?

Good Luck,
Dudley

Old May 16th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"JT's Ghost" wrote in message
Dudley Hanks wrote:

That's right!

I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make up
their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the
Nikon
D3?

Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both
of
these apertures?

Send submissions to

I'll post the entries, without EXIF data or any other hints on my site.
Then, guests can vote on their favourite via e-mail ballot.

What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?

With all due respect Mr. Hanks, you are now "trolling" the photography
newsgroups with basically (same text body, different subject line
message) "spam." This isn't going to improve the signal-to-noise ratio
the way you are hoping it will. It may even have a detrimental effect,
in that your target audience *might* just tire of this type of message
and outright kill-file you, YMMV.

- JT
not telling you, or anyone else, how to post to the photography groups

I've posted my message on 4 conferences which arguably might be frequented
by members who are interested in whether the camera or the photographer is
more important.

Obviously, a great photographer with a simple camera will outshoot a simple
photographer with a great camera. But, what about a group of great
photographers? How much impact does the camera have?

I've seen a lot of posts touting the superiority of one camera over another.
Well, this little blind challenge could be interesting.

If you think it's spam. Fine, I don't hold that against you. But, I don't
troll. I simmply try to find interesting ways to gain insight into the
photographic process.

Take Care,
Dudley

Old May 16th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Blinky the Shark

Dudley Hanks wrote:

I've posted my message on 4 conferences which arguably might be frequented
by members who are interested in whether the camera or the photographer is
more important.

*If* such posting is justified at all (and I won't address that here), it
should be done by crossposting, not multiposting; you're not winning any
Good Usenet Behavior points by multiposting. The difference is this: with
crossposting, users (with decent news clients) will only see your post in
one group, because when it's read there it will be marked read in the
others; with multiposting, everybody sees your message in all of the
groups they read that you posted it to, and this is annoying.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old May 17th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Dudley Hanks wrote:
Dudley Hanks wrote:

hich camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the
Nikon
D3?

Obviously, a great photographer with a simple camera will outshoot a simple
photographer with a great camera. But, what about a group of great
photographers? How much impact does the camera have?

I've seen a lot of posts touting the superiority of one camera over another.
Well, this little blind challenge could be interesting.

Clearly the way to show off in this competition is to use a cell phone :-)

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old May 17th 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Dudley Hanks wrote:
Dudley Hanks wrote:

hich camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the Nikon
D3?

Obviously, a great photographer with a simple camera will outshoot a
simple photographer with a great camera. But, what about a group of
great photographers? How much impact does the camera have?

I've seen a lot of posts touting the superiority of one camera over
another. Well, this little blind challenge could be interesting.

Clearly the way to show off in this competition is to use a cell phone :-)

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

all google groups messages filtered due to spamThat's the spirit, Paul.
The best with the least will impress the most.

BTW, I've got a couple of entries already, but I'd like to get about 15 or
20 to make it interesting.

I won't post anything until I get a suitable number.

Also, only the winner's name and camera model will be posted. I'll save
everyone else the embarrassment of being bested by a 600K Motorola.

Grin,
Dudley

Old May 17th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
savvo

On 2008-05-16, Dudley Hanks wrote:
That's right!

I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make up
their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the Nikon
D3?

I don't own, and have never shot with, either of those cameras (and the
A720 is not an SLR so why ask about it here?) so the question is pretty
much irrelevant to me. The only camera that I can take decent or
indecent pics with is the one in my hand.

Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both of
these apertures?

Apertures?

It's not unidentified, but the camera I own is clearly superior for the
reason stated above.

What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?

The viewer?

--
savvo orig. invib. man
Old May 18th 08, 09:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Pat" wrote in message
On May 16, 9:56 am, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:
That's right!

I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make up
their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the
Nikon
D3?

Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both of
these apertures?

Send submissions to

I'll post the entries, without EXIF data or any other hints on my site.
Then, guests can vote on their favourite via e-mail ballot.

What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?

Good Luck,
Dudley

The answer is Hasselblad. Now move on.

Does that mean you'll submit?