WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME

Old June 28th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default WEDDING PICTURE DURING NIGH TIME

Dear Members,
Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
Reasons sometimes I got was :
- Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
- Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
itself)
How shal I respond to this situation?
Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
them are affcting by theis case).
Thank you
www.baliroyalwedding.com

Old June 28th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Members,
Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
Reasons sometimes I got was :
- Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
- Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
itself)
How shal I respond to this situation?
Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
them are affcting by theis case).
Thank you
www.baliroyalwedding.com

You are asking very basic questions about photography.

Do you really think you are qualified to be doing Commercial Wedding
Photography.??

You could very easily ruin their memories of the "Once in a Lifetime" event.

If you were operating in the UK or USA, you could find yourself being sued
for considerable sums of money due to your professional incompetance.

It sounds to me as if you do not have a sufficiently powerful Flash-Gun, and
do not know how to set the Camera to the correct White Balance or work out
correct exposure settings.

Roy G

Old June 28th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat

On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Dear Members,
[...]

Roy, did you look at the web site??? The stuff there is VERY good.
It is on par with (or better than) most pro stuff in the US.

Old June 28th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat

On Jun 27, 11:37 pm, "
wrote:
Dear Members,
Can anyone give me little advise on how to check my vendors camera
specs before assigning to shoot my customers' wedding. Several cases,
Wedding during night time, under the low light for long distance
objects, the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched.
Reasons sometimes I got was :
- Ocean humidity (open air shoot)
- Different quality of light affect (fires, bulb, and th eflast
itself)
How shal I respond to this situation?
Several successful picture, I took and put on the sites...(some of
them are affcting by theis case).
Thank youwww.baliroyalwedding.com

First, let me compliment you on your website. The photos there are
all very good.

Shooting people at a distance, in dark conditions, if very tricky.
I'd say the problem that you are encountering is one of the hardest
things to do correctly. It is a test of any photographer's skills.

I am not sure an "camera spec" is the correct way to go. You would
not judge the quality of someone's cooking based on what kitchen
equipment they own. I think you might do better asking to review the
photographer's portfolio, with particular attention to low light
work. You might also look at past weddings and see who does a good
job on that kind of work, and assign them the more difficult projects.

It appears that you often use the same locations for events. Another
option would be for YOU to install a professional lighting system at
the site, so that you can do it in a very discreet nature. Then let
the photographers use your lighting -- once they are familar with it.
That would allow you to pre-position lights in all of the right spots.

I hope this helped.

Old June 29th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Yes.

I did look at the Website and most of the stuff shown was good, but he did
say that " the result turn unsatisfactorily, not so well catched".

Naturally he is not going to put the rubbish on the site, and he does not
include any Galleries of actual Weddings, so we can't assess the general
standard of the work.

The comparison to US Pros might not be all that good a recommendation, if
theirs is anything like some of the output I have seen from UK Pros.

I am not saying they are all bad, but a number of them are not even as good
as me, and I just don't trust myself to do Weddings, not even as an unpaid
favour.

(I recently shot some snaps at a Wedding using my wife's Fuji S5100, and the
Mother of the Bride said my pics were better than the Pro's stuff, and she
was correct. I don't use that camera much, so its control is not
instinctive, and I was nothing like stone cold sober).

If he knew enough, he should have been able to work out the answers for
himself.

He is supposed to be, or is employing PROs, and is charging money for his /
their services, so any degree of incompetance is inexcusable.

Roy G

Old June 29th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat

On Jun 28, 8:25 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com... Dear
[...]

My reading of the OP is radically different than yours -- granted
there's a bit of a language barrier here.

I read the post as the OP is a sort of caterer, if you will, who
arranges wedding packages: food, locations, licensing, photography,
etc. and that the OP is dissatsified with some picture some of his/her
vendors are providing to the clients. Therefore the OP is asking for
assistance is specifying an equipment list for photographers -- with
the assumption that good equipment equals good photographer. Okay,
than might more-or-less hold true, but it's sort of like saying a good
stove means that the person knows how to cook.

If you are shooting as good as on the website, you should go pro.
Those shots are hard to pull off in wedding photography where you are
dealing with people, weather, time, etc. etc.

Old June 29th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 28, 8:25 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

oups.com...

/
[...]

I suspect you may be right that he is a Venue Manager, or similar.

He needs to start checking that any Photographers he employs, are capable
Professionals. Too many of this type of Agency will employ just any-one,
who comes cheap but seems to have the right equipment.

Roy G

Old June 29th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat

On Jun 29, 6:13 am, "Roy G" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 28, 8:25 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jun 28, 6:42 am, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

As I said in an a previous post, I think the OP should review the
photographer's portfolio, esp. their low-light work.

Old June 29th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Pat wrote:

It appears that you often use the same locations for events. Another
option would be for YOU to install a professional lighting system at
the site, so that you can do it in a very discreet nature. Then let
the photographers use your lighting -- once they are familar with it.
That would allow you to pre-position lights in all of the right spots.

Good and imaginative suggestion.

BugBear