B&H has the worst customer service on the planet.

Old January 31st 04, 04:00 AM
bozak

Default B&H has worse customer service than i thought

"Ryan" wrote in message
m...
" bozak" wrote in message

When i bought the recorder they had the rebate form
on their site for downloading. Once I received the product
I went back to the site and it was no longer there.

First, why didn't you print the rebate form when you ordered?

because they told me when i bought it the rebate was good until
march 31, 2004... apparently you jumped in this thread at about
the 240th post or so... youre wasting your time with the rest of
the BS you wrote, just the same old weak **** others have written
that ive refuted over and over...

but hey, youre a nice lil puppy to play with so i wont rub your
nose in **** this time...

Old January 31st 04, 04:01 AM
bozak

"Frank ess" wrote in message
Ryan wrote:
" bozak" wrote in message

When i bought the recorder they had the rebate form
on their site for downloading. Once I received the product
I went back to the site and it was no longer there.

First, why didn't you print the rebate form when you ordered? Why did
you wait? Rebates usually have two deadlines: the first is the actual
offer, the second is the date you must have the form postmarked by.

It sounds as though B&H took the rebate down because the first
deadline passed. If so, neither B&H or Panasonic is obligated to honor
the rebate, even if you could mail it by the postal deadline.

I spent
a ridiculous amount of time waiting on their phone lines for
someone to talk too. Never happened.

What is a "ridiculous amount of time waiting"? Was it waiting for a
customer service representative to take your call? Guess what, if all
reps are on the phone, you have to wait. Stay on the line. Hanging up
is just like leaving the line at a busy store; you must go to the back
again when you return.

I sent three emails to
them. One to the guy who sold it to me (he forwarded it to
the so called customer service department), and two to their
customer service department, both of which went unanswered.

Then get on the phone and call.

The whole problem with the matter is that Panasonic is no
longer participating in the rebate, but I called Panasonic and
they told me that they would honor the rebate if B&H sent me
the form. This isn't a huge problem, but if they cant take the
time out to send me a rebate form through fax or email, I wonder
what would happen if I had a real problem that they needed
to fix. Their customer service department is none existent.

I have found the customer service to be quite well. Once I had a
question about a filter. I used the Web-based chat interface and got a
response within 10 minutes. Another time, I ordered an item but found
out later that B&H didn't have it in stock. That was strange,
considering that if I ordered it online the store's database should
not have sold me something that didn't exist.

I sent an e-mail to customer service. I got a reply the next day that
said the item was on back order. About a week later, I received the
item.

I have read your infantile diatribes an concur with others that your
approach needs a lot of work; it begs for people to ignore you.
Complaining here is not going to get you what you want.

Suppose we can bury this and stride into the future? Please?

i'd like to but like in that movie the godfather 3 (which sucked big
time by the way, godfather 2 was the best), they just keep pulling
me back in... :-)

Old January 31st 04, 04:28 AM
Mike Fields

Default B&H Photo has horrible customer service...

As he indicated -- until people quit responding to him, he
will keep tossing out crap. Ignore it and he will find something
else to play with ...

--
Mike "mikey" Fields
http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

" bozak" wrote in message

"generic eric" wrote in message
. ..
you are one hostile mother****er. if this is about a DVD recorder, why

is
it cross-posted to photo groups? Why don't you put your gear down,

leave
your mother's basement, and take a breath of fresh air outside?

because i love watching doofs like yourself dangle at the end
of my strings...

Old January 31st 04, 05:46 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Jeez, is Bozo still on here... I plonked him about the second day after he
started smelling up the place.. Do the same and move on..

Old January 31st 04, 09:25 PM
bozak

Default dennis o'connor is a hypocrite

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
Jeez, is Bozo still on here... I plonked him about the second day after he
started smelling up the place.. Do the same and move on..

lets see, the same thing that he accuses me of he does...
par for the course i guess...

Old February 2nd 04, 04:00 PM
Stephen H. Westin

Default B&H has the worst customer service on the planet.

" bozak" writes:

"Stephen H. Westin" wrote in message
(bozak) writes:

(Stephen H. Westin) wrote in message

(bozak) writes:

"Dan Sullivan" wrote in message

.net...

snip

Let's see... B&H probably does well over a million a day in business... the
number of daily sales must be staggering... and we have TWO people who've
had a bad experience with their customer service.

you have had two that have posted about it... or in your mind because
only two people posted about it means that everybody else is happy???

Well, the overwhelming majority of posters are happy. I suppose you
have some reason why that can't possibly represent the overwhelming
majority of customers...

did i say that??? or did i say they screwed me???

Hmm. So you're arguing that two dissatisfied customers prove that
B&H's customer service is "the worst on the planet". I just think that
if the overwhelming majority of customers are pleased, they aren't
that bad.

again i am saying that the screwed me out of the opportunity to
get my rebate...

No, you are saying that their customer service is "worst on the
planet". Read the header.

It's not.

yes that seems like the worst customer service on the planet
to me... if not the worst then they are tied for the worst imo...
who could do any worse???

Well, they could make you pay for those calls to customer service. B&H
has a toll-free line. They could refuse to accept a return of
merchandise. I've had it happen with a competitor of B&H.

They could refuse to ship merchandise unless you bought an overpriced
accesory pack that should have been included with the item you
ordered. They could have subjected you to high-pressure
bait-and-switch tactics. They could have shipped you used merchandise
and refised a refund or exchange.

to top if off if you go to resellerratings.com you will see that
their average is down...

From a very high level. Look at the other mail-order photo stores, in
particularly those in New York. With few exceptions, they are all
worse than B&H. How does this support the conclusion that they are the
"worst on the planet"?

then if you look at the people who
bought product from them and that was all they needed then
they were rated exceptionally... but if you look a little closer
and take a look at the people who had to use the customer
service dept you will see people who say they will never use
them again... why??? because it takes far to long to reach
a customer service person over the phone and emails are
not returned...

Funny, I've used customer service at B&H and never had a problem.

snip

only a company that had the worst service on the planet could
be capable of something so stoooooopid...

As I said before, if you don't like B&H's customer service, you should
definitely order from Cambridge Camera next time.

--
-Stephen H. Westin
Old February 2nd 04, 04:02 PM
Stephen H. Westin

" bozak" writes:

"Stephen H. Westin" wrote in message
(bozak) writes:

snip

now B&H on the other hand... i would expect an apology and them
actually sending me the discs that they caused me to miss out on
as far as the rebate is concerned...

You didn't miss the rebate, didn't you? Someone posted the URL to
get the form, which is what you need. In case you missed it, that's

http://www.schaeferstv.com/updates/R..._to_3-31-04_-_
10_Free_DVD_Writables_-_DMRE100HS.pdf

snip

orignial post... hopes this helps...

Not at all. I know that you failed to download the form when you
ordered. I know you say you had trouble getting the form from B&H
afterward. But you claim that you "missed the rebate". Please explain
why the form at the URL above won't work.

snip

--
-Stephen H. Westin
Old February 2nd 04, 10:11 PM
bozak

(bozak) writes:

[...]

which is relative... cant get through on the phone without waiting
over twenty minutes and they didnt respond to three emails...
worst on the planet is my perspective... or do you want to take
away my perspective of the matter???

It's not.

is to me...

yes that seems like the worst customer service on the planet
to me... if not the worst then they are tied for the worst imo...
who could do any worse???

Well, they could make you pay for those calls to customer service. B&H
has a toll-free line. They could refuse to accept a return of
merchandise. I've had it happen with a competitor of B&H.

how free is waiting to speak with someone for over twenty minutes
and not talking to anyone??? btw 800 numbers are pretty cheap
for big companies... when i called to order the product on an
800 number i got right through... maybe they should spend more
worker hours on customer service... there are articles all over
the place stating that if you have to deal with their customer
service department you are in for a frustrating event...
ive already posted some of them...

They could refuse to ship merchandise unless you bought an overpriced
accesory pack that should have been included with the item you
ordered. They could have subjected you to high-pressure
bait-and-switch tactics. They could have shipped you used merchandise
and refised a refund or exchange.

you know this is pretty funny for a guy who just had the nerve
to ask me to look at the topic of the thread...
are you going to acknowledge your hypocrisy???

to top if off if you go to resellerratings.com you will see that
their average is down...

From a very high level. Look at the other mail-order photo stores, in
particularly those in New York. With few exceptions, they are all
worse than B&H. How does this support the conclusion that they are the
"worst on the planet"?

again hypocrite, you told me to stick to the subject of the
header and again you go away from it...

then if you look at the people who
bought product from them and that was all they needed then
they were rated exceptionally... but if you look a little closer
and take a look at the people who had to use the customer
service dept you will see people who say they will never use
them again... why??? because it takes far to long to reach
a customer service person over the phone and emails are
not returned...

Funny, I've used customer service at B&H and never had a problem.

and others have had a totally opposite experience...
what ive posted proves that...

snip

only a company that had the worst service on the planet could
be capable of something so stoooooopid...

As I said before, if you don't like B&H's customer service, you should
definitely order from Cambridge Camera next time.

stop acting like a moron, and yes telling someone to go
where they would get worse service because they cant prove
their argument is acting like a moron...
Old February 2nd 04, 10:15 PM
bozak

(bozak) writes:

snip

now B&H on the other hand... i would expect an apology and them
actually sending me the discs that they caused me to miss out on
as far as the rebate is concerned...

You didn't miss the rebate, didn't you? Someone posted the URL to
get the form, which is what you need. In case you missed it, that's

http://www.schaeferstv.com/updates/R..._to_3-31-04_-_
10_Free_DVD_Writables_-_DMRE100HS.pdf

snip

orignial post... hopes this helps...

Not at all. I know that you failed to download the form when you
ordered.

yet you fail to also realize that they told me i had until
the end of march...

I know you say you had trouble getting the form from B&H
afterward. But you claim that you "missed the rebate". Please explain
why the form at the URL above won't work.

dude, you should really read some of the other posts if you
want to know the extent of this... people are actually tired
of seeing me write the same thing over and over...

no one has proved me wrong on this and you wont be the first...
Old February 2nd 04, 10:48 PM
Stephen H. Westin

(bozak) writes:

(Stephen H. Westin) wrote in message ...
" bozak" writes:

snip

again i am saying that the screwed me out of the opportunity to
get my rebate...

No, you are saying that their customer service is "worst on the
planet". Read the header.

which is relative...

No, it's absolute. If there is anything worse than A, A cannot be "worst.

cant get through on the phone without waiting
over twenty minutes and they didnt respond to three emails...
worst on the planet is my perspective... or do you want to take
away my perspective of the matter???

When you're wrong, yes. B&H is not the "worst on the planet".

snip

yes that seems like the worst customer service on the planet
to me... if not the worst then they are tied for the worst imo...
who could do any worse???

Well, they could make you pay for those calls to customer service. B&H
has a toll-free line. They could refuse to accept a return of
merchandise. I've had it happen with a competitor of B&H.

how free is waiting to speak with someone for over twenty minutes
and not talking to anyone??? btw 800 numbers are pretty cheap
for big companies...

But not cheap enought for a number of B&H competitors.

when i called to order the product on an
800 number i got right through... maybe they should spend more
worker hours on customer service... there are articles all over
the place stating that if you have to deal with their customer
service department you are in for a frustrating event...
ive already posted some of them...

Right. And according to you, that makes me a "moron" because I have
had excellent experience with B&H customer service. I just think that
my experience disproves the blanket condemnations.

They could refuse to ship merchandise unless you bought an overpriced
accesory pack that should have been included with the item you
ordered. They could have subjected you to high-pressure
bait-and-switch tactics. They could have shipped you used merchandise
and refised a refund or exchange.

you know this is pretty funny for a guy who just had the nerve
to ask me to look at the topic of the thread...
are you going to acknowledge your hypocrisy???

I was answering your question, "who could do any worse???". I was
giving examples of worse things that could have happened to you. None
of the things I mentioned happened to you, but they seem to be routine
from some of B&H's competitors. Since worse things happen elsewhere,
B&H can't be "the worst". Not even the worst in New York City.

to top if off if you go to resellerratings.com you will see that
their average is down...

From a very high level. Look at the other mail-order photo stores, in
particularly those in New York. With few exceptions, they are all
worse than B&H. How does this support the conclusion that they are the
"worst on the planet"?

again hypocrite, you told me to stick to the subject of the
header and again you go away from it...

The subject was "worst on the planet." I was showing that B&H isn't
even "worst in New York".

snip

Funny, I've used customer service at B&H and never had a problem.

and others have had a totally opposite experience...
what ive posted proves that...

Proves what? That B&H isn't perfect? That's not the same as proving
that B&H is "worst on the planet".

snip

only a company that had the worst service on the planet could
be capable of something so stoooooopid...

As I said before, if you don't like B&H's customer service, you should
definitely order from Cambridge Camera next time.

stop acting like a moron, and yes telling someone to go
where they would get worse service because they cant prove
their argument is acting like a moron...

Well, I think you just accepted my argument. If there are stores with
worse customer service than B&H, then B&H can't be "worst".

And you really don't need to call me names...

--
-Stephen H. Westin